Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
I was invited to the TV show "Deal or no Deal"

BruchiG

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 11:53 am
I was invited to the TV show "Deal or no Deal" to be a paid actress, Should I mention I'm a frum Jewish Girl?

Bruchi

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 12:15 pm
They're not going to give you a wardrobe that is even remotely compliant with tznius guidelines. Are you seriously considering it??

BruchiG

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 12:36 pm
I"m was looking for this kind of job for month. Its my hobby.

chayasora

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 12:53 pm
I think MaBelleVie is right. The wardrobe those actresses wear is so slutty.
I won't even let my husband watch the show because of that.
Is that what you want to wear?

4thebooks

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 12:58 pm
how did you get that offer? hook me up! do you have any degree?

Barbara

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 12:58 pm
BruchiG wrote:

Deal or No Deal was a game show that went off the air in 2010. Its most salient feature was the briefcase girls, scantily clad women who posed with briefcases, and opened them when instructed to do so. I would guess that all of the models were members of SAG.

Since the show is no longer being produced, you may be referring to something else. When discussing a job, you need to ask all relevant information -- who is producing, where will it air, what will you be paid, what will you be expected to do.

bigsis144

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 1:04 pm
I thought you were going to be an audience member... my mom and sisters went last summer with some visiting friends (my family lives in LA) and had fun. It's funny - they were shooting the Halloween episode, so they asked all the audience members to show up in costume, even though they filmed the episode in July.

I wouldn't feel comfortable "representing" frumkeit on a show like that. I find game shows to be degrading to their contestants, unless it's something like Jeopardy.

To be fair, my (frum) parents were on the Newlywed Show back in the 1980s. That's how we got our living room set. Very Happy But when my siblings and I found the VHS and wanted to play it for their anniversary, my parents asked us to fast-forward it occasionally. Wink

bigsis144

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 1:09 pm
Barbara wrote:
BruchiG wrote:

Deal or No Deal was a game show that went off the air in 2010. Its most salient feature was the briefcase girls, scantily clad women who posed with briefcases, and opened them when instructed to do so. I would guess that all of the models were members of SAG.

Since the show is no longer being produced, you may be referring to something else. When discussing a job, you need to ask all relevant information -- who is producing, where will it air, what will you be paid, what will you be expected to do.

She might mean "Let's Make a Deal"
http://www.cbs.com/shows/lets_.....ideo/

Quote:
The show is based around deals offered to members of the audience by the host. The traders usually have to weigh the possibility of an offer being for a valuable prize, or an undesirable item, referred to as a "Zonk". Let's Make a Deal is also known for the various unusual and crazy costumes worn by audience members, who dressed up that way in order to increase their chances of being selected as a trader

That's what my family went to see.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 2:49 pm
I was actually an audience member at deal or no deal over five years ago. It was pretty boring.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics