Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
United States K
Previous  1  2

nameless

Post Wed, Jul 03 2013, 10:59 am
[quote="chani8"]Here is their answer:

[quote]Yes we are orthodox. We are in fact a "chasidishe" chechsher. I am a Chasideshe Rov in Passaic NJ and desend from a whole line of "Rebbes". Rabbi Shloima Isaacson[/quote][/quote]

What does that have to do with knowing kashrus in large businesses? I would need a little more info. than that to eat this hashgacha.

Try calling a hechsher you trust OU or StarK and ask them for the specific product you're looking into if they hold it's ok or not.

Marion

Post Wed, Jul 03 2013, 11:45 am
Why would I make a long distance phone call to the U.S. to verify a hechsher?

smss

Post Wed, Jul 03 2013, 11:58 am
Marion wrote:
Why would I make a long distance phone call to the U.S. to verify a hechsher?

because it's an american hechsher, so rabbis here are most probably not familiar with it?

sped

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 1:36 pm
nameless wrote:
chani8 wrote:
Here is their answer:

Quote:
Yes we are orthodox. We are in fact a "chasidishe" chechsher. I am a Chasideshe Rov in Passaic NJ and desend from a whole line of "Rebbes". Rabbi Shloima Isaacson

What does that have to do with knowing kashrus in large businesses? I would need a little more info. than that to eat this hashgacha.

Try calling a hechsher you trust OU or StarK and ask them for the specific product you're looking into if they hold it's ok or not.

Want a list of "chassidishe" hechshers whose rabbanim just don't knwo kashrus? And non-chassidish who are considered among the best by those inside, because they DO know kashrus?

Happy18

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 1:42 pm
Merrymom wrote:
Why would Wilton use an unreliable hechsher, they might as well not bother with a hechsher at all. I also noticed it but thankfully there are still quite a few Wilton prodcuts that do have the OU, you just have to check everything individually.

I wanted to use a Wilton product with this hechsher so DH asked. We were told that for Wilton products specifically at that time it was acceptable. The rav was very clear that it was only on Wilton products and only then so if I wanted to buy that product again at a later point we would need to look into it again.

Saladmrs

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 5:54 pm
I live in Passaic not far from Rabbi Isaacson's shul. Rabbi Isaacson's hechsher is unquestionably a reliable one. His hechsher is KOA in the United States shaped symbol.
It is not the same as US Kosher Supervison under Rabbi Yehudah Bukspan which uses the shape of the United States with only a K in the middle symbol. I would not use that hechsher.

amother
Pistachio

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 9:40 pm
does anyone know if it's any more reliable now. the sourdough from aldi now has it as the hechsher...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen