Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Rabbi Horowitz tweets

bamamama

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 3:19 pm
"Think women putting on Tefilin is a huge problem? Maybe take a few calls from parents whose kids were sodomized." - R' Yakov Horowitz

https://twitter.com/yakovhorow.....21986

fromnj

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 3:35 pm
Yes, I saw this on FB. I think it puts things in proper perspective.

IMHopinion

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 3:40 pm
I don't get the comparison. Molestation, while it is a huge problem, definitely isn't the only one.
Each one has to be addressed properly.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 3:44 pm
IMHopinion wrote:
I don't get the comparison. Molestation, while it is a huge problem, definitely isn't the only one.

I agree entirely. Each one has to be addressed properly

Examples of 'properly'

molestation- reported to police, investigated, trial if deemed necessary. Victims are not continuously victimized by community. Community does not support molesters.

WoW- everyone mind their own business. If someone doesnt like the fact that it happens, dont go to he Kotel that 1 hour a month.

Thats some perspective on handling these issues properly.

sequoia

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 3:46 pm
Ima2NYM_LTR wrote:
IMHopinion wrote:

I agree entirely. Each one has to be addressed properly

Examples of 'properly'

molestation- reported to police, investigated, trial if deemed necessary. Victims are not continuously victimized by community. Community does not support molesters.

WoW- everyone mind their own business. If someone doesnt like the fact that it happens, dont go to he Kotel that 1 hour a month.

Thats some perspective on handling these issues properly.

I cannot like this enough.

yogabird

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 3:52 pm
IMHopinion wrote:

I think he's trying to say that molestation is at least an equally big, if not much greater, problem facing the jewish community, yet there are no masses of people coming out to protest it, or doing much else to try to stop it.

groisamomma

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 3:56 pm
yogabird wrote:
IMHopinion wrote:

I think he's trying to say that molestation is at least an equally big, if not much greater, problem facing the jewish community, yet there are no masses of people coming out to protest it, or doing much else to try to stop it.

He is very one-track minded about this. And that's a good thing. It probably frustrates him to no end that with the asifa and now with this, people are protesting en masse but when it comes to something he puts his whole life into-dealing with molestation-there is almost utter silence.

Last edited by groisamomma on Mon, Jul 08 2013, 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

bamamama

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 3:57 pm
yogabird wrote:
IMHopinion wrote:

Yes. I don't see thousands coming out in support of molestation victims.

yogabird

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 3:58 pm
groisamomma wrote:
yogabird wrote:
IMHopinion wrote:

He is very one-track minded about this. And that's a good thing. It probably frustrates him to no end that with the asifa and now with this, people are protesting en masse but when it comes to something he puts his whole life into-dealing with molestation-there is almost utter silence.

b'makom she'ain ish, hishtadeil lihiyos ish...

imamiri

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 4:01 pm
yogabird wrote:
IMHopinion wrote:

And instead some of the are trying to cover it up by intimidating families or telling their communities it is forbidden to go to the secular authorities.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics