Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Misty the Arctic Fox

Fox

Post Thu, Jul 11 2013, 4:26 pm
So yesterday, DH was flown out the East Coast to speak, and the group booked him on Frontier Airlines. When I checked their website to see his flight status, the page informed me that he was traveling on "Misty the Arctic Fox." Apparently Frontier names their planes.

I thought, wow, "Misty the Arctic Fox" sounds a lot more glamorous and titillating than plain ol' "Fox." Maybe I should change my screen name and get a seductive-looking avatar.

The first problem with this plan is that I think "Misty the Arctic Fox" is too long for a screen name.

The second problem was pointed out by DD, who opined that my calling myself "Misty the Arctic Fox" was a clear example of false advertising.

Oh, well . . .

Sad

groisamomma

Post Thu, Jul 11 2013, 4:31 pm
Somehow, I think of you as a cardboard fox contorted into a very unlikely position with many sharp edges. But then, your avatar may be very different from the real Misty.

busydev

Post Thu, Jul 11 2013, 4:35 pm
I finally got used to you being the cardboard box fox... it threw me off till quite recently. I would expect a black fox face outlined on a white background...

tho that pic prob would go better with the "arctic fox" theme

Fox

Post Thu, Jul 11 2013, 4:53 pm
busydev wrote:
I would expect a black fox face outlined on a white background...

I completely forgot about that avatar!

I think I was attracted to the origami fox because she looks like a slender fox!

What's crazy is that people give me fox-themed stuff now! One of my friends got this incredible drawing of a fox from Etsy.com -- it's a real work of art.

So now all my kids' friends come over and say, "What's with your mom and all the foxes?" The kids just roll their eyes and say, "It's a long story!"

greenfire

Post Thu, Jul 11 2013, 10:56 pm
hey foxy ... we like you just the way you are - I never even realized you were a cardboard boxy

besides arctic sounds a little frigid
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics