Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
What's the most wierd thing that has happened to you today?
1  2  Next

rainbow baby

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 1:59 pm
Today has been the most wierdest day? Firstly I lost my car keys this morning. Then a whole load of other things happened which I cannot remember now. But the most strange thing that happened tio me today is the following.
We have two pet rabbits in the garden. I was on the phone to the butcher when all of a sudden I shout down the phone the rabbit's running up the garden. I shouted what should I do? He screamed go and get it. So I went running around the garden in the rain trying to get our escaped rabbit, it was probably quite a sight!!! Wink In the end I got hold a giant plant pot and stuck that on top of it. Then I had to go and find the other one. I went running around the garden trying to find it. I decided to go to the front garden to see if I could find it. The butcher delivery man was at the front door and I asked him in a panick if he had seen a rabbit he said around the side of the house. So I went to see it saw me and went under the fence back into the back garden. Bh it went into the hutch. The poor bewilded delivery man was standing there with the meat getting soaked.
So I took the meat and then wonder how on earth I'am going to get the other rabbit, in the end I just grabbed it and cuddled it and took it back to the hutch. As I did that it really scratched me. Anyway they are all safe and sound now asleep in their hutch.

Well what a day, losing keys, nearly losing two rabbits, making 9lbs of challah dough, making hamantashion and kreplach. I started the day in a really bad mood now I'am just laughing about my day.

So what was your day like?

withhumor

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 2:23 pm
OMG that was funny. Today is weird because I’m nauseas even though I’m not pregnant… it’s so awful not to be able to blame it on anything. WHAT’S going on! Also, I can’t snap out of this ‘serious’ mood where Purim is a second chance to do Tshuva like Y”K. HELP!

ShiraMiri

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 2:28 pm
Purim is a serious chance to do teshuvah like yom kippur? I didn't know that. Can you explain more?

I just got my finger stuck in my door - there is little thingy you can pull out to keep the door open when you are bringing in packages and my finger got pinched when I tried to put it back down to close the door. It really aches!!

I also saw my daughter's purim play today - all the girls were sooo cute!!!

Meema2Kids

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 2:33 pm
Not sure if this is weird, but my kids were amused. A neighbor had some free stuff by their curb. I picked up a riding toy and a baby activity center thing. They barely fit in the van so I had to stuff them in around the kids. Then I realized that I was on my way to Costco, to buy 36 rolls of toilet paper among other things.

withhumor

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 2:34 pm
The Arizal stated that Yom Kippur is related to Purim ("Yom kePurim" - "A day like Purim"). On Yom Kippur, we return to Hashem and are represented by the Kohen Gadol, who enters the Kodesh Ha-Kodoshim - the most inner sanctum of holiness - which is removed and off-limits from day-to-day life. We shed our material shell and identify ourselves as malachim - angels - relating to God via our inner essence, our neshamah. This is the parallel of Yom Kippur and Purim, for the teshuvah of Purim and Yom Kippur necessitate our realization that our inner, spiritual, Godly selves be recognized and flourish beyond our exterior facade so as to draw near to God.

At the ‘tish’ of the Belzer Rav, there is no drinking until ‘drunk’ it’s actually an extremely serious tish. Very strange, eh? Don’t worry, I’m dressing up!

tweety99

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 3:01 pm
jewishmamathebest wrote:
Today has been the most wierdest day? Firstly I lost my car keys this morning. Then a whole load of other things happened which I cannot remember now. But the most strange thing that happened tio me today is the following.
We have two pet rabbits in the garden. I was on the phone to the butcher when all of a sudden I shout down the phone the rabbit's running up the garden. I shouted what should I do? He screamed go and get it. So I went running around the garden in the rain trying to get our escaped rabbit, it was probably quite a sight!!! Wink In the end I got hold a giant plant pot and stuck that on top of it. Then I had to go and find the other one. I went running around the garden trying to find it. I decided to go to the front garden to see if I could find it. The butcher delivery man was at the front door and I asked him in a panick if he had seen a rabbit he said around the side of the house. So I went to see it saw me and went under the fence back into the back garden. Bh it went into the hutch. The poor bewilded delivery man was standing there with the meat getting soaked.
So I took the meat and then wonder how on earth I'am going to get the other rabbit, in the end I just grabbed it and cuddled it and took it back to the hutch. As I did that it really scratched me. Anyway they are all safe and sound now asleep in their hutch.

Well what a day, losing keys, nearly losing two rabbits, making 9lbs of challah dough, making hamantashion and kreplach. I started the day in a really bad mood now I'am just laughing about my day.

So what was your day like?

were u on the fone to halberstadts by any chance?! LOL

rainbow baby

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 3:06 pm
Nope Hayden's actually!!!! Wink

shalhevet

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 3:15 pm
jewishmamathebest wrote:

So I went running around the garden in the rain trying to get our escaped rabbit, ... The poor bewilded delivery man was standing there with the meat getting soaked.

And you were trying to persaude me on the other thread that it doesn't rain every day in Manchester. 8)

rainbow baby

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 3:18 pm
Well yesterday it was glorious, today it started ok it just kind of changed half way through the day. Now come on so far this week we have I think had 3 nice days, well that's not bad for Manchester!!!!!! Wink

amother

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 3:36 pm
the weirdest thing that happened to me today was that I got a call basically confirming that I have had a misscariage Sad

rainbow baby

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 3:45 pm
amother wrote:
the weirdest thing that happened to me today was that I got a call basically confirming that I have had a misscariage Sad

I'am really sorry to hear that. Crying Try and take things easy and look after yourself.

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 3:50 pm
withhumor wrote:
The Arizal stated that Yom Kippur is related to Purim ("Yom kePurim" - "A day like Purim"). On Yom Kippur, we return to Hashem and are represented by the Kohen Gadol, who enters the Kodesh Ha-Kodoshim - the most inner sanctum of holiness - which is removed and off-limits from day-to-day life. We shed our material shell and identify ourselves as malachim - angels - relating to God via our inner essence, our neshamah. This is the parallel of Yom Kippur and Purim, for the teshuvah of Purim and Yom Kippur necessitate our realization that our inner, spiritual, Godly selves be recognized and flourish beyond our exterior facade so as to draw near to God.

At the ‘tish’ of the Belzer Rav, there is no drinking until ‘drunk’ it’s actually an extremely serious tish. Very strange, eh? Don’t worry, I’m dressing up!

...and you are going to the Belzer Rav's tish?!?!? THIS I GOTTA SEE 8)

shanie5

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 7:01 pm
I got a call on the mikvah line asking for "shan", I said "this is shanie", she said "is 'shan' there"-then she asked if this is Mcgillys!! wrong #-I think she wanted "sean"

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 7:06 pm
shanie5 wrote:
I got a call on the mikvah line asking for "shan", I said "this is shanie", she said "is 'shan' there"-then she asked if this is Mcgillys!! wrong #-I think she wanted "sean"

that sounds like one of those "bart simpson" jokes - LOL Nervous

sysr

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 7:15 pm
2 weird or funny things,
1) I (also) went to Costco today, and when I left the dtore I could not remember where I parked my car, first I had to stop and think what my car looked like, then I couldn't find it. I wandered around this big parking lot for 15 min trying to find my car. it is a good thing it was nice out today. I usually take my almost 7 year old son when I go out because he always knows what the car looks like and where it is, but he was in school. Sad

2)after I picked up my children from school, I was talking to my sister in isreal on my cell phone (she has a vonage #) and my children wanted to talk to her. we were stopping in a fabric store, so I handed my phone to my 5 year old, she walks into the store talking loudly and annimatedly on the cell phone!

miriam

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 7:23 pm
Sysr, so funny.

Ladies, thanks for all the laughs.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 7:34 pm
Funny story:

Yesterday my daughter in preschool came home saying that today she needed to wear a Purim costume. I was a bit skeptical because no note had come home. But, we had been away for a few days and I thought maybe I had missed it in the chaos before and after our trip. I had planned to call another mother last night, but got very busy and didn't get the chance. This morning, my daughter put on her costume and was off to school. (DH brings her) When she came home, I noticed she was not wearing the costume and it was in her backpack. I asked her how school was. Then I asked if anyone else wore a costume (my being skeptical of the costume wearing had returned, especially since none of the other kids in the carpool had one on!). She said no. So then I asked if they were really supposed to wear them today. She said no. So, I asked her why she said she needed to wear one. She said, "Cuz, I just really wanted to!" ! Oh, and she came home with a note saying that all the kids should wear costumes on Friday!

cindy324

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 9:34 am
You know what's the weirdest thing that happened to me yesterday ???

I only spent 20 minutes, from walking in to standing on line to taking care of business in the Brooklyn Social Security Office shock shock

Now if you live here, you know that's a record!!!

Smiles

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 9:39 am
cindy324 wrote:
You know what's the weirdest thing that happened to me yesterday ???

I only spent 20 minutes, from walking in to standing on line to taking care of business in the Brooklyn Social Security Office shock shock

Now if you live here, you know that's a record!!!

Wow, last time I was there It took me 5 hours!!

iamawife

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 9:41 am
cicy you bet it is, I was there last month I waited for hours there Banging head
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics