Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
BDE Noya bat Efrat - 1.5 year old forgotten in a car :(
1  2  Next

shalhevet

Post Mon, Jul 15 2013, 5:03 am
Just said on the radio that they are treating her and trying to resuscitate her Crying

Last edited by shalhevet on Mon, Jul 15 2013, 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Mon, Jul 15 2013, 5:04 am
She's been pronounced dead.

AlwaysThinking

Post Mon, Jul 15 2013, 5:11 am
Is this the third one in the last 2 weeks? Crying

chani8

Post Mon, Jul 15 2013, 5:15 am
Crying Teary Eyed Broken Heart

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jul 15 2013, 5:16 am
Riff wrote:
Is this the third one in the last 2 weeks? Crying
yup Crying

shalhevet

Post Mon, Jul 15 2013, 5:19 am
BDE Sad

thinkermother

Post Mon, Jul 15 2013, 8:12 am
I haven't heard any of these stories. It is tragic! How long was she or the others in the car that this could happen???

greenfire

Post Mon, Jul 15 2013, 9:38 am
I'm really sorry

Tamiri

Post Mon, Jul 15 2013, 9:47 am
thinkermother wrote:
I haven't heard any of these stories. It is tragic! How long was she or the others in the car that this could happen???
This is in Israel. From what the paper reports on the time-line of car death such as this, during the Israeil summer, damage can begin within 15 minutes of being in the closed car, and brain death happens at around 45 minutes. Burns start happening within 5 minutes. Something like that. Yesterday's baby was in the car for something like 7 hours, today's baby for 5 hours or so. I may not be 100% accurate, but it's something like taht.

Merrymom

Post Mon, Jul 15 2013, 9:53 am
Ladies, please put your pocketbooks in the back seat with your babies so you will be sure not to forget your child. I actually got confused once and thought my dh had my child and my other kids climbed out of the back seat right next to the baby and never asked why I'm not taking her out too. B"H the store that we went into didn't have what I was looking for so we weren't in there more than 15 minutes. It was an incredibly hot day, it can happen to anyone so don't judge. People get confused no matter how much they love their children.

causemommysaid

Post Mon, Jul 15 2013, 10:00 am
Merrymom wrote:
Ladies, please put your pocketbooks in the back seat with your babies so you will be sure not to forget your child. I actually got confused once and thought my dh had my child and my other kids climbed out of the back seat right next to the baby and never asked why I'm not taking her out too. B"H the store that we went into didn't have what I was looking for so we weren't in there more than 15 minutes. It was an incredibly hot day, it can happen to anyone so don't judge. People get confused no matter how much they love their children.

no judging here but I make a habit of always checking the backseat before leaving the car no matter if I dropped the baby off five minutes before. I am borderline OCD about this.

shlomitsmum

Post Mon, Jul 15 2013, 10:01 am
[quote="Merrymom"]Ladies, please put your pocketbooks in the back seat with your babies so you will be sure not to forget your child. I actually got confused once and thought my dh had my child and my other kids climbed out of the back seat right next to the baby and never asked why I'm not taking her out too. B"H the store that we went into didn't have what I was looking for so we weren't in there more than 15 minutes. It was an incredibly hot day, it can happen to anyone so don't judge. People get confused no matter how much they love their children.[/quote]

BDE , poor family Crying

We learned what merry mum suggests at a parental CPR and safety workshop by the fire department so it is very good advice Thumbs Up . I keep my purse in front of the baby/toddlers seat with my cellphone in my bag . so I am not tempted to even take/make calls on the car (we have onstar in case of emergency). I am not a good multitasker and had a few close call even with blue tooth .

rainbow dash

Post Mon, Jul 15 2013, 10:20 am
BDE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbOcCQ-y3OY

The same can be applied for kids.

Last edited by rainbow dash on Mon, Jul 15 2013, 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Mon, Jul 15 2013, 10:23 am
I told my dh to put his wallet in the backseat so as not to forget our toddler in the car seat.

dh said, ds will throw his wallet out the window!

and he has a point...

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Jul 15 2013, 10:25 am
amother wrote:
I told my dh to put his wallet in the backseat so as not to forget our toddler in the car seat.

dh said, ds will throw his wallet out the window!

and he has a point...

So put it on the floor of the back seat. Your toddler is in some sort of car seat or booster, no? Should not be able to reach the floor.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Jul 15 2013, 10:40 am
We have to look behind us. We have to check the car. We should check the back seat BEFORE getting into it as well. A man could be crouching there.

It is good to check behind you when you get up from a public bench or restaurant seat. You might have left something or dropped something.

It is good to check the seat behind you when you get out of a taxi.

It is good to check behind you when you leave a room in your house for what will be a little while.

It is good to count your children, perhaps by using the alphabet if you don't want to use numbers.

Just look behind you. When you are leaving any place in a definitive way.

This can save lots of situations.

Captain Sully checked his plane twice before evacuating. He was the captain.

The captain is last off and does a premise check. Whoever is your captain, and that is usually the husband, should check any vehicle or vessel he is captain of before closing its door.

The captain is last off. He must be sure he is last off.

All adults are captain. Too much checking is fine.

We must look back. Just a glance, but it's procedure.

bitachon40

Post Mon, Jul 15 2013, 1:44 pm
Thoughts go out to the family of this baby. How can they learn to live with making such a tragic mistake.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jul 15 2013, 4:09 pm
Very sad! Lets hope we don't hear such stories again!!!!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 15 2013, 4:17 pm
Tragic. Absolutely devastating. BUT, as a mother of a large family kah, I must tell you, this has happened to me a few times in my very own driveway. Each time I cried and cried and each time I had established security measures and each time it happened anyway. In my case, Hashem hadn't decided it was the time. I know that I am the parent, and it is the parent/driver who is ultimately responsible. until it happens to you, you can't believe anyone could ever be so "negligent". I am not negligent and in these stories it is hardly negligence. It is so easy to say, pocket book in the back, and all will be well. you can always go inside your house without your pocket book and wallet. This is an awful gezairah. May Hashem send them nechama and the Geulah now.

Soul on fire

Post Mon, Jul 15 2013, 4:39 pm
BDE...poor sweet babies Sad Crying
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed