Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vacation Ideas within 2-3 hrs. from Brooklyn

amother

Post Fri, Jul 26 2013, 5:08 am
Looking for ideas where to go with DH & baby(leaving other kids behind). Would like a nice hotel near kosher food/restaurants & minyan. Don't wont to have to take along food want it to be relaxing.

pause

Post Fri, Jul 26 2013, 1:14 pm
Pretty much anywhere you go "vacation" you will need to bring along food, unless you go to a city with a well-established Jewish community.

One place I can think of is Tannersville, NY near Hunter Mountain. There is a kosher grocery there with every imaginable product. You can stay in Kaaterskill Hotel, I heard it's a nice hotel, or if you want more country lodge style there are plenty of those. It's a beautiful, scenic place and not far from Brooklyn.

octopus

Post Sat, Jul 27 2013, 6:56 pm
lancaster

amother

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 8:29 am
Thanks Pause thats definately a consideration.

Octopus I've been to lancaster 3 times already with my kids.

Anyone have any other suggestions? Would really like a nice hotel in nice area with kosher restaurants. Looking into Deal/Long Branch area. Any suggestion there?

oohlala

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 8:56 am
We've stayed at the Ocean Place in Long Branch NJ and ate out at Deal restaurants...it was nice! There's also a Jewish bed and breakfast nearby.

outoftowngirl

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 10:40 am
My husband and I stayed in the Chateau Inn & Suites in Spring Lake NJ, they had really nice rooms and was a pretty area - there's a park across the street with a pond and some cute little shops to browse in within walking distance. Also, they just redid the boardwalk at the beach (as it was destroyed in the hurricane) and did a really nice job on it. Spring Lake isn't far from Deal, NJ (around 20 minutes away) or Lakewood (25 minutes away) where you have lots of options for kosher restaurants.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 8:09 pm
Stamford, CT has three kosher restaurants (Kosh, a fleishig restaurant, Navaratna, a dairy/vegetarian Indian restaurant, and Mike's Cafe, a pizza/dairy place in the JCC) as well as two Orthodox shuls and an active Chabad. There are several hotels within a mile or so of the shuls, and plenty of things to do in the area.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics