Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Chocolate Honey Cake

dee's mommy

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 1:43 pm
I wanted to do something a little different for cake this year, so I thought I would try this recipe.

I currently have this baking in the oven. The leftover bits of batter tasted nice. I'll let you know how it turned out. (It will be after Rosh Hashanah by then, but I thought I would pass on a new recipe.)

Be sure to watch the video, as it is very helpful.

Also, check out the other recipes on this site.

Chcoolate Honey Cake Recipe with video

imasoftov

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 4:46 pm
dee's mommy wrote:
I wanted to do something a little different for cake this year, so I thought I would try this recipe.

I currently have this baking in the oven. The leftover bits of batter tasted nice. I'll let you know how it turned out. (It will be after Rosh Hashanah by then, but I thought I would pass on a new recipe.)

Be sure to watch the video, as it is very helpful.

Also, check out the other recipes on this site.

Chcoolate Honey Cake Recipe with video

Can you taste the honey?

dee's mommy

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 5:24 pm
I tasted coffee in the unbaked batter, and on the sides that stuck to the pan after baking, I think it was chocolate and coffee. I think I overbaked this. I won't know for sure until Rosh Hashanah.

I did brush honey on the top though.

greenfire

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 5:33 pm
there's nothing compared to a real honey cake ...

although I have made pomegranate cakes for FUN

dee's mommy

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 8:07 pm
I'm not trying to make the "equivalent" of a honey cake. Just something different. Last year I made an apple honey cake, and everybody liked it. The year before, I might have made an apple cake, but I can't remember. A few years ago, I gave myself permission not to make honey cake for Rosh Hashanah if I didn't feel like it. I do like it, but I don't feel compelled to make it just because it is Rosh Hashanah.

I used to ask for honey cake for my birthday, so maybe I'll do it then.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins