Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
ISO salmon-vegetable braid recipe

michal817

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 9:30 pm
Does anyone have this recipe? I think it's from the BY cookbook, I know it has salmon, spinach, horseradish sauce, puff pastry, but I'm not sure if I'm missing any ingredients. Thanks!

rising hero

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 9:49 pm
I don't know if this is what you're looking for, it sounds pretty similar. I just made this last night and it was great!
1 Baby Salmon Fillet 10-12 Inches 1-1/4 Lb
1 pinch/es Salt
1 pinch/es Minced Garlic
1/2 package/s Ready Flaky Dough
8 ounce/s Frozen Spinach
8 ounce/s Frozen Spinach
1/4 cup/s Matzoh Meal Or Bread Crumbs
1 Egg
1/2 teaspoon/s Salt
2 Cloves Crushed Garlic
1 Egg For Brushing
1 pinch/es Sesame Seeds

Preparation
Sprinkle salt and minced garlic onto the fish fillet that has both sides skinned. Marinate for a few hours or overnight. Roll out dough to 1/8" thickness. 

Mix spinach with matzoh meal, egg, salt and garlic. Place the fillet onto the center of the dough, leaving 2 1/2" on each side and 2" on both ends. Spread the spinach mixture on top of the fish. 

Cut 2 1/2" slits on both sides of the dough , leaving 1" between each slit. (After you do this one time, you will see that it sounds much more complicated than it is!). Place slits at an angle across filling, alternating sides to look like a braid. Pinch the top and bottom to seal and fold underneath the log. Brush with a beaten egg and sprinkle sesame seeds.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, until lightly browned.
(The spinach could have used a pinch of sugar.)

Merrymom

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 11:21 pm
http://www.food.com/recipe/spi.....93352

Is this what you wanted? Btw, I always salt my fish first in saltwater to kill any possible parasites and also because it kills any overly fishy taste. Make sure to rinse well though before using.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics