Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Infant Car Seat

amother

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 12:08 pm
B"H, a friend is due any day now after 15 years of SIF. I want to buy her a carseat; money is no object. Do people still use infant carrier carseats, like the Britax chaperone? Or straight into a convertible? What's best?

busydev

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 12:17 pm
infant carriers are great and def used. I woukd get a snap n go to go with it if you can. or an adapter for whatever stroller shes getting. (or just the same brand)

once baby is big enough to sit up plus is getting to heavy for carrying the carrier is when I would switch to a convertable.

Marz613

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 1:06 pm
my favorite are the gracos, they're the lightest and have a graco snap n go (snugrider).

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 1:11 pm
They definitely come in handy. I love my Chicco Keyfit, soooo smooth and easy to install and adjust.

cs1

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 4:53 pm
thats beautiful!
first of all, find out what type of.stroller she wilk be getting. if she will have a bugaboo, it comes with a carseat.
second of all, you may want to ask her opinion as to what she wants (or give her a few opyions to choose from with ratings info etc.). I put a lot of research into buying mine and wanted to,choose the color etc.
I live out of town, and use the car to go everywhere, so I bought a citi mini stroller because it folds in and out of the car great! I have an adapter that was always attached to mg stroller and just snapped the carseat in and out whenever I needed to.
personally, I dont like the graco carseats as they have a very cheap look. but I do spend in the $200 bracket...
I,have the cybex aton and am thrilled with it! it is also very fashionable...

bargainlover

Post Thu, Oct 31 2013, 10:39 am
anyone have the Chicco keyfit 30? Looking into a carseat and heard this is very good......would love feedback on it!

busydev

Post Thu, Oct 31 2013, 10:43 am
I have the keyfit 30 and like it alot. easy to install and adjust, lasted ds1 till he was 1yr (hes avg height), is comfortable.

m+m

Post Thu, Oct 31 2013, 11:03 am
amother wrote:
B"H, a friend is due any day now after 15 years of SIF. I want to buy her a carseat; money is no object. Do people still use infant carrier carseats, like the Britax chaperone? Or straight into a convertible? What's best?

Get a convertible so she won't need to buy a new one when DC outgrows it. I personally recommend the Chico nextfit. However, this carseat is very heavy and would need to stay in the car. Can't be used with snap n go

amother

Post Thu, Oct 31 2013, 11:08 am
bargainlover wrote:
anyone have the Chicco keyfit 30? Looking into a carseat and heard this is very good......would love feedback on it!

OP above. This is what I wound up buying for my friend, and she loves it. Another friend has used it for her two, and loves it as well.

Beware of the Graco unless you're also getting their stroller. The new locking system for the Graco is not compatible with stroller adapters.

bargainlover

Post Thu, Oct 31 2013, 11:19 am
busydev wrote:
I have the keyfit 30 and like it alot. easy to install and adjust, lasted ds1 till he was 1yr (hes avg height), is comfortable.

hows the durability? does it wash and wear well? I dont see any one thats all dark colors....thanks!

seeker

Post Thu, Oct 31 2013, 11:54 am
I have the red, it stayed very clean, doesn't seem to absorb dirt - slides right off.
Note that chicco is also not compatible with other click-on systems. I was able to use it with a universal snap n go by attaching it with the strap like you would with a seatbelt in car.
Love it overall. My baby is above average size (80+percentile) and used it through 12 months.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics