Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Do you have seprate Towels, Table-cloths, Bibs for Pesach?
1  2  Next

Mishie

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 4:41 am
My Mom has a whole seprate box of all the above for Pesach. She doesn't use any of her Chametz ones at all during Pesach.

Since I got married, I do it DH's way - Make sure all the kitchen linen is laundered, and the shelves you keep them in are clean - and you're good to go.

What does everyone else do?

Marion

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 4:44 am
Yes, I have separate dishtowels and table linens, but that's because I got so many when we got married that I could afford to put some away. If I hadn't, we'd probably do the same as you.

ssbarnes

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 7:09 am
We too received enough tableclothes from our wedding to put some away for Pesach.

As for the dishtowels, potholders, etc. I get a new set each year and then it becomes part of my everyday kitchen towels for the rest of the year.

bashinda

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 8:11 am
I use separate stuff. I don't have nice linen for the table but I have a white plastic tablecloth and one to put on top. I have so far 2 large hand washing towels and 2 dish towels. Eventually I'd like to get a nice white linen tablecloth.

Ima'la

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 8:29 am
Similar sitch to Mishie, but diff. end result...My mother has separate, but DH said it isn't halachically necessary...but when I mentioned to my mother that I'd just launder it, she said that Jewish women always have separate (If you don't agree take it up with her, not me!) so I ended up using separate. I had an extra nice white tblclth that I got one as a gift and I bought cheap dishtowels and bibs - not a big expense.

miri123

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 8:31 am
B"H
I have different of all of the above. That is the way we did in Machon Chana and since I'm a BT I try to follow as much as we had there.
They are like new to me every year, I like the feeling. Smile

farmom

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 8:54 am
OMG - first time making Pesach, and I never even thought of this. My mother has separate. . . - I have a feeling this is going to be an expensive holiday Twisted Evil
A bit of a panic attack here Surprised Twisted Evil

bashinda

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 9:04 am
it doesn't have to be expensive unless you want it to be. I don't have a nice coordinated set of towels and I don't have a nice tablecloth. I got plastic. Eventually I'll work myself up to a nice tablecloth. You don't have to get everything in the first year. I think I've made Pesach 3 times now and I'm finally getting a food processor, IY"H, this year for instance. (this year I'm doing the seder for the first time and I figure with one kairah to worry about can it be that bad? shock )

dr pepper

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 10:30 am
I don't have separate. I happened to pick up a few dish towels last week that I'm just going to keep fresh for Pesach, but I don't do out of my way.

It's times like Pesach that I REALLY wish I had a bridal shower.

shopaholic

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 10:55 am
Yes, I have separate everything. And DH pointed out to me that I should take the chametz hand & dish towels out of the linen closet over Pesach.

supermom

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 11:59 am
I have seperate because thats the way I was brought up. I actually like everything new this way it gives a nice clean look to things.

chen

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 12:51 pm
farmom wrote:
OMG - first time making Pesach, and I never even thought of this. My mother has separate. . . - I have a feeling this is going to be an expensive holiday Twisted Evil
A bit of a panic attack here Surprised Twisted Evil

oh, honey, I've been making Pesach for 25 years and there are plenty of things I still don't have and never will. It's neither possible nor desirable to duplicate your year-round kitchen for pesach. If you have the space and the money for special-for-pesach linens, how nice for you. If not--a good washing in hot water and detergent kashers your fabric goods just fine. there's plenty of other stuff you have to have separate for pesach that will always feel new. Trust me--some of my Pesach pots are inherited from my mother and are almost as old as I am, but they look and feel a whole lot newer than the pots I just bought a few months ago and have used nearly every day since.

Last edited by chen on Tue, Mar 13 2007, 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 1:03 pm
I also do, but I don't think you need to, as long as you wash stuff w/out starch

shayna82

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 1:27 pm
I have seperate of all three. the only thing I can tihnk of thta I use all year round is the highchair, we take it outside and give it a good cleaning. I like to hve special stuff for pesach, all chometz free...never touched chametz. somehow washing the stuff and putting it in a chametz free kitchen sends shivers up my spine... but hey thats just me LOL

Mishie

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 1:41 pm
The problem is, during Pesach (Chol-HaMoed) most people don't do laundry. So, think about how many towels you have to have to last a whole week.....
For Chametz, I actually do have enough towels to last me that long. So, B"H I can use them, otherwise I would have to purchase the same amount for Pesachdig. (I think we use more towels than most people.... LOL). LOL

cindy324

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 3:48 pm
CHEN!!!!! Welcome back...missed you!

I usually end up buying new tablecloth only because DH insists for some strange reason What But I always buy it in one of those liquidation stores like National wholesale or Odd Job. You can buy really nice ones for about $15-$20

ny_ima

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 6:12 pm
we have seperate towels/tableclothes

just think what would happen if a peice of crumb/playdough gets stuck in a kitchen towel and never comes out. you'd have to boil everything in hottest water to make sure its ok. (probably mevutal though)

still the idea of pesach and new go together so nicely. kitchen towels are not expensive, and u can use alot of papertowels too! hey, its only for ONE WEEK!

chen

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 1:57 pm
cindy324 wrote:
CHEN!!!!! Welcome back...missed you!

awww...thanks! you made my day!

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 2:11 pm
I have separate dishtowels, potholders, linens that is tablecloth. Handtowels, no. But it's something I always wanted to get.

Chen, nice to "see" you back!

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 2:20 pm
I believe I read in Rav Blumenkrantz's (a"h) book that washing dishtowels and linens in hot water is sufficient.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics