Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Computerized Pesach Lists
Previous  1  2  3  Next

downsyndrome

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 10:58 pm
southernbubby wrote:
The hardware store that I use sells oven liners. Would that work in your oven downs?

Those metal boxes remind me of rat, skunk and racoon traps! I don't wanna touch 'em. Besides, my ovens are only 24 inches wide. If you still put that 'box' in, you're barely left with any space, and those boxes absorb a lot of the heat and things bake forever and cakes flop cuz the temperatures are so irregular. I think I'm getting an on-the-counter convection oven (thanks to a thread/recommendation on imamother!).

MOM222

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 11:03 pm
I dont need this list this year baruch hashem Very Happy
But I got a good laugh from your reminders for pesach.

I am giving you a bracha that for next year Moishies wife will tell you if she like the fish or not!!! ( I just hope I am not bentching a 15 year old...)

downsyndrome

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 11:08 pm
MOM222 wrote:
( I just hope I am not bentching a 15 year old...)

You are bentching a 17-year-old with Down syndrome; you think he'll be married by next year? Wink

amother

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 11:21 pm
Quote:
Please deliver above 3 items on Tuesday morning, March 27, ‘07
What's the parallel Yiddishe date?

I don't know where I'm getting money to make YomTov. Sad I don't know how to do this all on time without money!

downsyndrome

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 11:29 pm
amother wrote:
Quote:
Please deliver above 3 items on Tuesday morning, March 27, ‘07
What's the parallel Yiddishe date?

I don't know where I'm getting money to make YomTov. Sad I don't know how to do this all on time without money!

I don't have a calendar in front of me but I know it's the Tuesday of the week b/4 Pesach.
If you are low in funds, contact one of the Tomche Shabbos organizations; they help lots of people with food for Shabbos and Yom Tov.

Emuna

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 11:29 pm
Thanks so much for your help!!!

Would you consider sharing the nut cake recipe?

downsyndrome

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 11:35 pm
Sure Emuna, there's just one problem here. The recipe is still packed up with my Pesach dishes and once I bring up and unpack those boxes I don't think I will have any time left to sit on imamother! But, do give it a try the five days prior to Pesach.

Mevater

Post Mon, Mar 12 2007, 11:37 pm
downsyndrome wrote:
I think I'm getting an on-the-counter convection oven (thanks to a thread/recommendation on Imamother!).
I have the Hamilton Beach and the Haier and they're both very good. The Haier is bigger and makes my Pesach. Thanks for the list!

sarahd

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 7:03 am
downs, maybe the kids will like the falshe fish this year? You never can tell - tastes change from year to year. The year my mother got smart and made less borscht, we all decided we liked it. (The next year, when she got smarter and made more, we changed our minds. LOL)

sarahd

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 7:05 am
The smartest thing we do motzai Pesach is make a list of what we have leftover and what we don't have - so we don't end up with 7 rolls of heavy duty foil and no pepper, for ex.

We also list how much matza, potatoes, etc. we used that year.

MyKidsRQte

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 8:45 am
thanx down, the list is very helpful

Tila

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 12:31 pm
WOW!!!! I have a book with similar lists, but I do not buy new every year. Like The above ann. post, funds are tight, but I will get the basics and hope for the best. No new clothes, or luxeries (as if...).
How severe do y'all clean?? Do you have a sechdule you follow?? Like I was once told, why wash the windows??

amother

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 3:54 pm
OMG downs...you got urself some great lists! but the more I kept reading the more frantic I got... I'm staying home for the first time this year and OMG.. the amount of stuff to buy.. I didn't even think about it.... and where oh where will I take the $ from??!! shock

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 4:28 pm
If you can't afford to buy what you need, maybe you need to go to family or eat by friends. Pesach is very expensive no matter how you do it....that's why there is so much collecting (maos chittin) this time of year. Didn't you budget any money for yomtov? Tax return, nothing?

Bare minimum, you need to clean your chometz away, whatever that entails. Whatever you are eating for the week has to be bought, plus whatever keylim you wil need - you can go disposable but disposable isn't free either.

Many ppl cover all their kitchen surfaces, so you'll need foil or some such. and a lot of it, and it shoudl be heavy enough to last the whole week.

If you are eatign home the sedorim, you need wine, matza, and the seder fixins....don't forget person items like toothbrushes, makeup, etc.

I'll glady send you the list, but as I think about it, you'll need a soup pot - and frying pans for eggs and potatoes. ......a place to boil eggs like a klippa pot.

You will also need money for groceries, meat and produce, depending on how you cook...........

downsyndrome

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 6:57 pm
amother wrote:
OMG downs...you got urself some great lists! but the more I kept reading the more frantic I got... I'm staying home for the first time this year and OMG.. the amount of stuff to buy.. I didn't even think about it.... and where oh where will I take the $ from??!! shock

I hate to make you even more frantic, but my list is really not for beginners. The hardware and linen lists are so much more extensive when you are just starting out...

southernbubby

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 7:30 pm
I buy heavy duty plastic painters drop cloths rather than foil to cover surfaces. I cut them to fit and get them at cheap stores. That is cheaper than foil. I know big families who keep the meals very simple due to necessity. They eat boiled chicken with potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots and onions. They don't bake. Someone who is new at this and overwhelmed should not compare your Pesach preparations to someone who is an experienced bubby.
Buy 3 pots! One for eggs, one for fish, and one for stewed chicken and vegetables. Keep your guest list small. Someone with lots of help and experience can invite all who are hungry so that they can come and eat!

Meema2Kids

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 7:38 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I buy heavy duty plastic painters drop cloths rather than foil to cover surfaces. I cut them to fit and get them at cheap stores. That is cheaper than foil.

I do this too. I bought a roll (I think it was 3mil) at walmart 3 years ago and I am still using it (I do have a small kitchen).

I buy almost no pre-packaged KLP food. I do bake from scratch, but this is cheaper than premade stuff. We eat lots of fresh fruits for snacks. My kids can go for a week without cottage cheese, apple sauce, cream cheese (all things I pick up but then put back on the shelf because the KLP version costs like 4 times as much), even though usually they live on these.

I find menu planning is key. Not only for the food but for the keilim too. If I'm going to make matzo ball soup, I know I need a soup pot, mixing bowl, spoon, knife and cutting board if I'm adding veggies.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 8:07 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
If you can't afford to buy what you need, maybe you need to go to family or eat by friends. Pesach is very expensive no matter how you do it....that's why there is so much collecting (maos chittin) this time of year. Didn't you budget any money for yomtov? Tax return, nothing?

Bare minimum, you need to clean your chometz away, whatever that entails. Whatever you are eating for the week has to be bought, plus whatever keylim you wil need - you can go disposable but disposable isn't free either.

Many ppl cover all their kitchen surfaces, so you'll need foil or some such. and a lot of it, and it shoudl be heavy enough to last the whole week.

If you are eatign home the sedorim, you need wine, matza, and the seder fixins....don't forget person items like toothbrushes, makeup, etc.

I'll glady send you the list, but as I think about it, you'll need a soup pot - and frying pans for eggs and potatoes. ......a place to boil eggs like a klippa pot.

You will also need money for groceries, meat and produce, depending on how you cook...........

That is exactly the case. For a reason, I cannot go anywhere...
Tax return went to Tuition and therapist.
I guess Hashem will help... I really have no clue where to start... but dont we all get there?! Confused

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 10:53 am
then you have to take tzedekah and probably borrow money.

why did youpromise so much tuition?

Squash

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 10:09 am
Thank you so much, Downs. I just made a grocery order based on your list. You have the zchus of helping so many people with this.

You really tempted me with the mention of your mother's a"h nut cake. Care to share the recipe?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics