Home

Warming up doughless potato knishes

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother






Post  Tue, Sep 17 2013, 7:42 pm
How should I rewarm doughless potato knishes after I thaw it in the refrigerator?
I have a plata and no access to the oven on yom tov.
Back to top

mummiedearest









  


Post  Tue, Sep 17 2013, 8:00 pm
question: are doughless potato knishes just mashed potatoes? just curious. no clue how to reheat them Smile
Back to top

amother






Post  Tue, Sep 17 2013, 8:04 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
question: are doughless potato knishes just mashed potatoes? just curious. no clue how to reheat them Smile
there is also flour. the potatoes are shaped with a ice cream scoop. they are egged and sprinkled with sesame seeds then baked. you can also just make one big kugel with it. more like potato knishes than mashed potatoes.
Back to top

Cookies n Cream









  


Post  Tue, Sep 17 2013, 8:04 pm
Mashed potatoes with Sauteed onions eggs flour spices etc...

In response to OP I rewarm them by leaving it uncovered on the blech.
Back to top

amother






Post  Tue, Sep 17 2013, 8:18 pm
Cookies n Cream wrote:
Mashed potatoes with Sauteed onions eggs flour spices etc...

In response to OP I rewarm them by leaving it uncovered on the blech.
does it heat through this way and taste good? I find that these really need to be very hot in order to taste good after being frozen.
Back to top

ra_mom









  


Post  Tue, Sep 17 2013, 9:15 pm
I think I will be trying to warm my doughless potato knishes in a double boiler on the plata, uncovered.
Back to top

Cookies n Cream









  


Post  Tue, Sep 17 2013, 9:18 pm
amother wrote:
Cookies n Cream wrote:
Mashed potatoes with Sauteed onions eggs flour spices etc...

In response to OP I rewarm them by leaving it uncovered on the blech.
does it heat through this way and taste good? I find that these really need to be very hot in order to taste good after being frozen.


Yes, but make sure it's defrosted first.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen

Similar Topics Replies Last Post
Doughless Potato Knishes 34 Mon, Sep 02 2013, 4:46 pm View last post
ISO doughless potato knishes recipe 4 Sun, Sep 20 2015, 5:30 pm View last post
by sky
Doughless potato knishes without onions? 2 Sat, Feb 24 2018, 9:59 pm View last post
Flour Substitute in Doughless Potato Knishes 9 Mon, Sep 18 2017, 6:41 pm View last post
Doughless knishes
by zzzz
1 Tue, Oct 12 2010, 5:56 pm View last post

Jump to:  









Report offensive ad