Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Cleaning the computer for Pesach
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Do you change telephones or computer keyboards for Pesach?
I change my kitchen phone, and clean the others  
 6%  [ 2 ]
I change all my phones  
 3%  [ 1 ]
I clean all of them.  
 86%  [ 26 ]
I change my keyboard and phone  
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 30

Meema2Kids

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 4:06 pm
My old kitchen phone was GROSS. I guess I wasn't very careful with it. I think the kids got ahold of it too. I had to do a deep cleaning on it before each pesach.

My new one I've been more careful with, but I'm sure there is chometz on/in it.

shalhevet

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 4:13 pm
Do most of you actually need to use your computers on Pesach? You can't work on Chol Hamoed anyway (except some exceptions).

Marion - lo raui le'achilat kelev means that a dog wouldn't eat it, not that he can't get to it. By your logic I could lock a loaf of bread in a cupboard (without selling it) and say the dog can't get to it.

bashinda

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 4:41 pm
I do sometims work on chol hamoed but it's not paid work. I have a volunteer job and if necessarily I'll work. If it can wait until isru chag than I wait.

Compressed air is in an aerosal can and comes with a straw like thing you attach. You press it and poof lots of junk comes out of your keyboard or it's good to get the dust bunnies out of your computer case. It's not 100% perfect. I'm not sure what I'm going to do actually. Maybe I'll use my laptop. There's a part of the keyboard that's clear and I can actually see the gunk in here and it looks chumatzdik. Would a dog eat it? No clue at all.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 4:43 pm
you still wouldn't want it, uncleaned, in your house.

shoy18

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 4:46 pm
the best thing to use to clean a computer without damaging it is to go to a store like staples and buy a can of air, and it comes with a long stick to tunnel the air, and you spray it on your keyboard and it makes all the crumbs come out.

bashinda

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 5:03 pm
shoy18: that's compressed air

rainbow baby

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 5:15 pm
TzenaRena wrote:
That's hysterical! roza, we have have a standing joke in this house, if anything doesn't work it's because I "kashered" it for Pesach. It stems from the first phone that I ruined when we were newlywed by immersing the receiver in soapy water. LOL

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Good one!!! This thread is really making me laugh, I needed cheering up thanks. mommyabc123 great picture!!! Thumbs Up If you have your computer in the kitchen then your kitchen will really look like a space ship if you cover your computer like that!!!
Seriousely I was just wondering what I was going to do with my keyboard. My computer is in the kitchen and it is really dirty full of all sorts, would not really like to take a guess what it is full of. So we have decided that we will take the keyboard from upstairs (From the broken computer) and use that.
As for telephones I give them a good wash, well not literaly dipping them in soapy water Wink just wiping them down with a cloth that was rinsed in bleachy water and then in the groves slid my fingernail in it to get out any dirt.

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 5:45 pm
shoy18 wrote:
the best thing to use to clean a computer without damaging it is to go to a store like staples and buy a can of air, and it comes with a long stick to tunnel the air, and you spray it on your keyboard and it makes all the crumbs come out.

Quote:
shoy18: that's compressed air

Thanks, bashinda and shoy, that sounds like a great idea! Smile It's probably good for loads of things. Maybe even can replace dental floss? Rolling Eyes Wink JK.

curlyhead

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 3:16 am
How about vaccuming out the crumbs from under the keys.

S.Shcwartz

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 3:34 pm
The thought of cleaning the computer did not even enter my mind... I'm busy with the 'big stuff' like wondering how to do the oven and fridge.. so thanx to this site I've got myself a longer list....

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 3:50 pm
Pleased to be of help! Mr. Green

downsyndrome

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 7:05 pm
I have an attachment kit that fits my standard vacuum cleaner and it is made precisely for areas like the keyboard - very tiny, hard to get to places. My keyboard has been totally vacuum-cleaned. Last year I wanted to be machmir and I 'gently' washed off some of the keys with a damp cloth; well my 'e' ran away and my 'r' got cloned ten times and I needed to get a new keyboard!

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 7:52 pm
where do they sell these attachments?

GAMZu

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 8:21 pm
I'm surprised no one mentioned the biggie- deleting all the cookies!!

roza

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 11:51 pm
good 1 ! Thumbs Up

GAMZu

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 12:33 am
The easiest way to clean a keyboard- Unscrew the screws from underneath, take off the plate to clean and then replace.

cl

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 9:35 am
mini hand-held vaccum!
or nozzle attachment of regular vaccum.

HindaRochel

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 12:18 pm
I shake out the keyboard, that's about it. I'm not eating from the keyboard, and unless the keyboard is very dirty, in which case I would wipe it clean carefully, that's about it.

As for the phone, I don't wash the phone off. If I get something on the phone I'd clean it, but I have had animals. and none of them has ever eaten the phone cord....

Mrs. XYZ

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 1:05 pm
Quote:
Marion - lo raui le'achilat kelev means that a dog wouldn't eat it, not that he can't get to it. By your logic I could lock a loaf of bread in a cupboard (without selling it) and say the dog can't get to it.

But I think it also says that if your hand cant reach to it, then you dont HAVE to clean it- meaning you don't have to take it apart to get to it even if you know its there.
Just wondering - do you all take apart your appliances, like mixer, blender- do you unscrew everything?
And do you move away all major appliances like oven, washer, dryer?
I think most people do, although I dont think you have to cause hand cant reach there.

This reminds me of the joke- a miser doesn't have to clean out his pockets for pesach, cause his hand never reaches in there!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 1:09 pm
the kids DO eat there, but I think shaking it out is enough. no one is going to eat over there on pesach anyway.......I think........
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics