Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Hugs and kisses

amother

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 12:21 am
I grew up in a pretty non demonstrative home.

I hug and kiss my babies/toddlers and also preschoolers all the time, but as my kids grow up, the hugs and kisses naturally decline. (My oldest is 12).

Just wondering how much decline is normal- I think my kids may not be getting enough, and especially boys - what's normal?

momX4

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 12:37 am
In my house the babies and toddlers get kisses and hugs all the time from everyone. My school age kids get hugs when they do something wonderful and we blow kisses all the time. I also tell then nightly that I love them.

I also grew up in a house where no affection was ever demonstrated.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 3:40 am
It depends on so many factors. I grew up in a household where there was a lot of affection; hugs snd kisses. I still hug and kiss both of my parents. I wouldn't think of not. My husband and I both hug and kiss our daughter and probably will until the end of our lives. It's whatever you and your child feel comfortable with.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 9:01 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
It's whatever you and your child feel comfortable with.

That's what it's all about. A kiss is a way to show affection, but being nice, friendly, loving, and open with one another is another way. If you have neither, then that's a concern IMO.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics