Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Anyone furloughed due to shutdown?

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 7:10 am
I'm furloughed but I'm enjoying my time with my family and am able to get a lot of things done in the house. How are you spending your time? Do you think this will last a while?

self-actualization

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 11:40 am
My Partner in Torah's husband is furloughed. I think they are okay and they are counting on back pay to get them through this time period financially.

Last year I missed a week of work due to Hurricane Sandy. I didn't get any pay for that week because I am a consultant, but I loved every minute of the week. I made pancakes and eggs for breakfast, I toilet trained my 3 year old, I baked with my kids, I made a very lavish Shabbos meal, I exercised ... and I didn't even leave the house. Just think how much more you can do with your time off.

groisamomma

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 11:57 am
Being that I was paid for time off during Sandy's times, I enjoyed my time off. AFAIK most furloughed workers are not being paid for time off now. That would make me too tense to enjoy the time off.

cranberry

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 7:44 pm
Dh is furloughed. He's using the time off to learn part of the day and do work around the house part of the day.

So far he's painted the bathroom ceiling, pressure washed the porch, etc. on the outside of the house, switched my children's bedrooms around, hung up sheets of cork where a wall mirror fell down in our dining room, and did touch-up painting around the outside of the house.

It's nice that this stuff is getting done, but if this doesn't stop soon we're going to have to borrow money in order to pay our bills.

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 7:55 pm
cranberry wrote:
Dh is furloughed. He's using the time off to learn part of the day and do work around the house part of the day.

So far he's painted the bathroom ceiling, pressure washed the porch, etc. on the outside of the house, switched my children's bedrooms around, hung up sheets of cork where a wall mirror fell down in our dining room, and did touch-up painting around the outside of the house.

It's nice that this stuff is getting done, but if this doesn't stop soon we're going to have to borrow money in order to pay our bills.
I guess you see the positives Smile

Apparently weiss bakery is offering 50% off to anyone furloughed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics