Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Zuchinni

ohbaby!

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 8:05 pm
are we alowed to eat zuchinni on pessach Question
im wondering, cuz I dont see any recipes with zuchinni...

baseballmom

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 8:15 pm
I sure hope so because I made 2 salads with them last year....

ssbarnes

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 8:44 pm
It is a veggie and I peel it. Why wouldn't it be OK?

klotzkashe

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 11:18 pm
some pple have the super special chumra to not eat any vegies that have seeds wtihint them - that would cut out tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers etc.EVEN IF PEELED>

they basically eat potatoes and meat the whole pesach

mirisimma

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 11:25 pm
aaaa!!!! (breath)

no rice? no beans? no corn? pealed? NO SEEDS?!?!??!
I grew up sefardi, I liked it better Smile nice pitas for seder then rice and roasted lamb for dinner. THATS pesach Smile

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 1:51 am
However, klotzkashe, there ARE zuchinni recipes in the purple Spice and Spirit of Kosher Passover Cooking. Oh baby!, check them out! (find out what your own minhag is of course.)

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 2:28 pm
I practically live on zuchinni and eggplant during pesach.

MOM222

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 10:32 pm
Some people eat foods that their parents ate. So if parents didn't eat zuchinni, they dont.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 10:29 am
As kids, we didn't have milchigs on Pesach b/c my mom said it was too much trouble. That didn't stop me from getting some milchig frying pans, knives, etc., though!

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 10:32 am
CM - my mom is the same way!
We never had any milchig utensils or pots and pans during pesach. Last year was the first year we had a dairy microwave so I ate zuchinni with cheese for most meals during chol hamoed.

BeershevaBubby

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 11:01 am
MOM222 wrote:
Some people eat foods that their parents ate. So if parents didn't eat zuchinni, they dont.

So... how many of you, with great-grandparents from the 'Old Country' don't eat turkey on Pesach? Or bananas...

And since my husband's mother is deathly allergic to apples, does that mean he can't eat them on Pesach as well?

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 11:47 am
ppl make a huge religious thing out of nonsense. sometimes.

MOM222

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 2:44 pm
Kmelion wrote:
MOM222 wrote:

So... how many of you, with great-grandparents from the 'Old Country' don't eat turkey on Pesach? Or bananas...

And since my husband's mother is deathly allergic to apples, does that mean he can't eat them on Pesach as well?

Nope I am not one of them. Though my grandfather basically ate potatoes, chicken, carrots, eggs. No spices, no oil, no meat, no fish, no milk prod.

My father is quite strict. But as long as we can peel it, its allowed. The boys don't eat milk things. And if something drops on the floor, like a spoon, we don't use until the last day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics