Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
What is your menu?
1  2  3  Next

shayna82

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 7:48 pm
lets see if we can get ideas from each other:

Main dishes- roast slices, chicken, sheaperds pie, tzimis
kugels- potato, zucchini, sweet potato & apple, apple banana nut
salads- cucumber, tomatoe and onion, beet & potatoe, israeli salad, egg salad, avocado
side dishes- baked eggplant cubes, marinated sweet carrots, roasted vedgies, italian zucchini, sweet potato cubes, apple and sweet potato casserole, carrot and turnip bake
dessert- cut up fruit salad, apple crisp

who else has their menu

baseballmom

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 7:50 pm
I'm looking for ideas so I am excited to see this post....

klotzkashe

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 8:02 pm
FIsh: either baked white or pink fish (whatever is most economical)
Salads - Egg, avocado, pineapple& carrot, beet orange & onion salad, cucumber salad, leftover marror lettuce salad, cabbage salad (white or red), potato salad, avocado & fried onion (try it it's heaven!!), you can also make fish salad/dip by combining baked fish and mayo and either processing it or just flaking the fish and combining. israeli salad, eggplant dip
soup w/ egg lockshen (if I can be bothered)
baked chicken l'orange, vegetable veal roast (with fried vegies lots of red wine), lambchops,
mashed potato kugel (with layers of mashed sweet potato)

I also make schug before pesach (of course no garlic) bc my husband says that if it's a mixture made before pesach then you don't have to peel. I use it to spice alot of my foods.

I also make a paste out of other herbe - dill, parsley etc. and use them throughout pesach to spice up my food.

MOM222

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 8:03 pm
4 desserts: 3 color ices/sorbet, ice cream, freezer cake (heimish cookbook), apple sauce. Lemon sorbet in 1/2 lemon cups.

4 side dishes: potatoes, potatoes and potatoes.

Salads: I make a lettuce salad: 1/4 c. mayo, 1/4 C. sugar, 1/4 C. lemon juice, 2 T. water, salt and pepper to taste.

downsyndrome

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 8:12 pm
I can't believe nobody's mentioned potato blintzes yet!

What do you do if your family is non-vegetarian? They will not eat carroty foods, they will not eat eggplanty foods, they will not eat squashy foods, they will not eat sweet potato foods....Is there anything else other than white Idaho potatoes? If not, can we have more suggestions of potato side dishes? I know my soups, I know my meats, I know my basic salads, I can't figure out a variety of side dishes. Potato kugel is reserved for nights.

curlyhead

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 8:48 pm
Potatoe dishes:
french fries
latkes
mashed potatoes
potato wedges
mashed potatoe balls baked

Another desert:
baked pears in wine

SouthernShalom

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 9:20 pm
potato salad
potato soup

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 9:40 pm
gefilte fish and cucumber salad (cucumbers, onions and lemon dressing) chrein after the sedarim.
beet and apple salad, carrot and beet salad
carrot salad with squeezed lemon or orange juice dressing
eggs with shmaltz
potatoes with eggs and shmaltz and onions
potato kugel
braised chicken with sweet potato and carrots in orange sauce.
soup with egg lukshen (crepes)
applesauce or fruit salad - cut up fruits, with crushed filberts and grape juice flavoring.

Drinks: diluted grape juice, squeezed orange juice, lemonade with squeezed lemons sweetened with grape juice, or sugar water.

not necessarily in this order

sarahd

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 1:38 am
Salads: Beet with walnut, carrot, knob celery with walnuts and pineapple, cucumber, potato

Kugels: Apple, carrot-zucchini, kohlrabi, potato

Veggies: creamed zucchini, waldorf beets

Soups: Chicken, chicken with potato barley, creamed vegetable soup (zucchini, potato, sweet potato, carrot, onion)

Side dishes: chremslach, potato blintzes, mashed potatoes with gravy/with fried onions/with gribenes

Dessert: applesauce or pears in wine sauce. Maybe ice cream or lemon custard.

Cholent for Shabbos: The one, the only yapchik!

Downs: chremslach, latkes, mashed potatoes, home fries (boiled and sliced potates that you then fry.) Repeat as necessary.

sarahd

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 1:41 am
And don't forget, everyone, the Esther Kaisel on the second night of Pesach!

Explanation: Esther's party for Achashverosh and Haman took place on the 2nd night of Pesach. What did she serve at the party? Chometz was forbidden! Obviously, a nice fresh potato kugel!! LOL

downsyndrome

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 5:21 am
Sarahd, what in the world is yapchik, re: cholent????

amother

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 5:36 am
Well,basically our tummy is the same size as it is all year round so we can't eat more.We eat the same food as all year round- instead of bread we eat matzoh.How much can you eat already?I can't understand all this crazyness!

Marion

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 5:50 am
For seder? Whatever my mother-in-law is serving. I'm betting there will be meat, chicken, and tongue as a main, with potatoes and veggies as sides. And fruit for dessert.

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 5:59 am
Still not sure which neighbors we're going to be with so I have no idea what's being served or what I'll be making.

downsyndrome

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 1:23 pm
amother wrote:
Well,basically our tummy is the same size as it is all year round so we can't eat more.We eat the same food as all year round- instead of bread we eat matzoh.How much can you eat already?I can't understand all this crazyness!

Yeah, but you can't just tear open a bag of ferfel or macaronis and dump 'em into a pot and serve. If you are very machmir on Pesach, then every morsel of food that comes into your mouth ends up being homemade, unless it is produce! That is what this 'craziness' is all about! Then there are some of us who don't eat fish during Pesach, so we are even more limited and need to look for variety in different areas. Then there are those of us who don't eat gebrokts, so we are limited again and we need to come up with non-gebrokts foods. Then there are those of us who don't get invited out at all (yours truly) and need to cook and prepare 8 days worth of food for 3 meals a day, and then some!!! Rolling Eyes

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 1:32 pm
amother wrote:

During the year I eat a lot of broccoli, spinach, green beans, tofu, sandwiches. I can't eat any of this on Pesach, and it's very difficult to cook everything from scratch. I.e., not use most process foods.

Hannah!

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 4:54 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 5:25 pm
Matza & Wine!!!!!!

cindy324

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 5:36 pm
Mains: Sweet and sour brisket, roasted chicken, chicken cutlets, minute steak, flanken with potatoes for shabbos day, stuffed chicken on the last day.
somewhere in the middle there I also plan to serve good ol' boiled chicken. probably at one of the night meals, when everyone is sick of food.

Kugels : My usual apple, potato , and this year planning to try squash kugel, three layer veggie kugel, and "yerushalmi" kugel.

Sides: mashed potatoes with fried onions, tzimmes, roasted pineapple rings with mashed sweet potato scooped on top.

Salads: Euro Salad with mangoes , strawberries etc., Israeli salad, endive salad with mandarines and kiwis, cucumber salad, avocado salad

Dessert: whatever I can get at the store! I have to draw the line somewhere LOL

Also baking some cakes like chocolate, marble,nut cake.

Perfect timing shayna, I just finished my menu, been working on it for 2 days!

leahj

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 5:43 pm
can someone post recipes for 3 layer veggie kugel, any beet salad recipe, triple icee recipe -thanks!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics