Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
How do you keeps kids shoes organized?

happy chick

Post Sun, Oct 13 2013, 9:58 am
I have 3 b"h and each one has weekday shoe, shabbos shoe, crocs and boots. the shoes are just standing in a corner and I need them to be in a proper place. im looking for one of those shoe racks, but firstly theyre quite pricey and second, I want one that will hold all their shoes (I guess about 235 pairs). any suggestions?

anuta

Post Sun, Oct 13 2013, 10:17 am
I bought one of those storage benches on Craigslist. I have three kids with big feet (my 9 year old daughter wears size 7 women's!). I fit their slippers, shabbat shoes, sneakers, and everyday shoes, and two pairs of sandals for my three year old in there. THeir rain boots have to be in the closet though. I would take shoes out seasonally (take out flip flops and sandals in the winter, who knows maybe winter boots would fit in the bench then). It is one of those open top benches, not cubby benches, although you could do either.

I have the bench in my entrance hallway, and another benefit of it that they can sit on the bench instead of the floor while putting on their shoes!

Laughing Bag!

Post Sun, Oct 13 2013, 11:09 am
my kids are still little (4.5 + 3) and keeping their shoes organized was really hard even when there was space on the floor of their closet. so I took a large milk crate and that's where they keep it I fit it under the bunk bed. its all thrown together but all in one container rather than all over the room/house.
hopefully when they get older we'll have a better way but for now this works well for us.

squirrel

Post Sun, Oct 13 2013, 11:20 am
I keep all the boots in a large plastic storage bin with a cover (the under bed style) and I keep the bin at the bottom of the coat closet. I have another on the top shelf of my closet for all the hats and scarves.
Its the neatest idea I came up with.
Their dress shoes are in the original boxes on a shelf in their closet and their school shoes and crocks on a shoe rack.

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Oct 13 2013, 11:32 am
I have a cupboard in the hall with one shelve for everyones shoes

SingALong

Post Sun, Oct 13 2013, 2:25 pm
Over the door hanging shoe rack, fits about 20 pairs of shoes, I think it cost me $10
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics