Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Creative use for nursing pad!

amother

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 12:16 pm
Ok. today has been crazy. I was sick yesterday -- and am nursing, have family coming in for shabbat, this monrning our car broke and it's snowing. as I was wasshing dishes dh was saying soemthing to lighten the mood - we were both pretty tense from all the 'stuff' going on -and I dropped and broke a glass that sliced my forearm. BH just superficial, but it was bleeding a lot. we didn't have bandaids in the house (on my shopping list but while I was sick and now with no car!). so dh being creative, tapes a nursing pad to my arm. it works!

gryp

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 2:01 pm
I hope it heals fast.

When my 3 year old was 1, he thought they were yarmulkes. Smile He would put them on his head.

withhumor

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 4:11 pm
In every emergency room you will see a pack of pads next to the bed, it's for heavy gushers, until they can control it!

The first time I saw it used was when my camper got her head smashed by a fire ext. that fell from the wall. we ran to the nurse's room leaving a trail of blood... the first thing the nurse did was apply pressure, with PADS. I nearly fainted. B'H stiches was enough for that kid (until she broke her hand the next day) then we sent her home :-(

newmom

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 5:15 pm
I thought you were going to say that you used it to wipe the snow off from your car.

withhumor

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 11:31 am
p.s. that girl is married today and she’s still breaking stuff all the time.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 3:53 pm
I was always creative!

Once I used tampons to fill the holes of those blow up plastic kiddie swimming pools. They made holes on the top portion so it wouldn't be so deep. However, my kids wanted a bunch of water...so I used 6 or so tampons and had a wonderful summer! (and this was way before the tampax pearl commercial of stopping a sinking sail-boat this way!)

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 4:23 pm
amother wrote:
I was always creative!

Once I used tampons to fill the holes of those blow up plastic kiddie swimming pools. They made holes on the top portion so it wouldn't be so deep. However, my kids wanted a bunch of water...so I used 6 or so tampons and had a wonderful summer! (and this was way before the tampax pearl commercial of stopping a sinking sail-boat this way!)

you are creative indeed
in a movie they were using them for nose bleeds

I was actually afraid to open this thread ... but thanks it made me laugh...

Imaonwheels

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 5:38 am
I walked in the house one day to find my 12 yr old cleaning the computer screen w/a bedika cloth. When I said what are you doing he said, "Whats the prob Ima, you have a lot of them in your drawer".

We had a discussion about not going through my bedroom drawers.

mali

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 5:48 am
Imaonwheels, lol LOL .

My friend's brother packed pads into his camp suitcase. When his mother asked him what those are for, he said they're excellent insoles LOL .

ssbarnes

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 6:46 am
DH used to be an EMT and he says that the best thing for an open wound is a maxi pad cut to size.

My brother is a parapalegic and that is what he uses on his bed sores. They are hygenic and cheaper than buying medical pads.

incognito

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 3:23 pm
deleted

Last edited by incognito on Sun, Mar 03 2019, 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Iymnok

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 3:34 pm
When we were at the zoo and ds fell and cut his forehead I grabbed a diaper to use as a compression pad. No mess, but lots of blood.

incognito

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 10:43 pm
Deleted

Last edited by incognito on Sun, Mar 03 2019, 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Fave

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 12:37 am
I think any brand will do.

I stick a nursing pad into the net of my sheitel (crown area). It helps with adding volume as I have a flat head.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics