Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
WHEN to finish kitchen-kasher if staying home..
1  2  Next

S.Shcwartz

Post Sat, Mar 17 2007, 7:27 pm
Is Wednesday night too late to be finished kashering so I can cook on Thursday and Sunday? This is my first time home so.... any tips?

amother

Post Sat, Mar 17 2007, 7:30 pm
wow! I think that's way too soon. im a very take it easy mother & Im planning to kasher motzei shabbos & cook everything sun. & mon. ( im being home for all meals including the seders)

JMto2

Post Sat, Mar 17 2007, 7:50 pm
This is not my first year being home and I am changing over on Wednesday if not on tuesday night. I think your plan does sound great.

rachel

Post Sat, Mar 17 2007, 11:20 pm
JMto2 wrote:
This is not my first year being home and I am changing over on Wednesday if not on tuesday night. I think your plan does sound great.

same here

bashinda

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 2:56 am
So if you're kashering Wednesday night at 7pm you shouldn't use things for chometz starting Tuesday night at 7pm? I always get confused. I guess I could use the sinks but not use hot hot water?

Marion

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 4:53 am
My goal is to kasher motzaei Shabbat. I'm working Sunday anyway, we're at my inlaws' for first day yom tov, so I'm not cooking before chol hamoed anyway. It's the only way I know for sure nothing's been used in at least 24 hours.

Bsimcha

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 5:41 am
I don't use my sink for 24 hours for hot. it can get hard and confusing. I plan to kasher tuesday night and cover on wednsday, I find it to be a full day job. Rolling Eyes
If I plan for tuesday night and it doesn't happen I won't be behind yet. Very Happy

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 6:28 am
for ppl who have to finish cleaning, kasher and cover plus shop and cook for shabobs, I guess it's the only way.

it makes pesach muchlonger ........

Marion

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 7:06 am
chocolate moose wrote:
for ppl who have to finish cleaning, kasher and cover plus shop and cook for shabobs, I guess it's the only way.

it makes pesach muchlonger ........

I'm not cooking for Shabbat. It's the only Shabbat of the year that I budget for take-out.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 9:26 am
S Schwartz, I'm also iyh kashering wednesday night, and cooking thursday & sunday.

Were IYH planning to go to a hotel for Shabbos Hagodol so that our house will be chometz free as of Wednesday night.

Ima'la

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 10:46 am
Wow - how do all of you do it in just one day??? Or do you mean the actual "kashering" - oven, sink, etc? Turning over my kitchen takes me a solid week!

Marion

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 10:52 am
I mean the actual kashering. I haven't figured out yet if I'm actually turning over the whole kitchen, or if I'm just locking up the cupboards and taking out the Pesach stuff once the counters are covered.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 10:57 am
I'm hoping to have the kitchen totally turned over by Thursday. Then, IYH, we go out for Shabbos hagadol, or I make pesach food (without necessarily all the chumras) for Shabbos and we eat bread on the front porch. B"H I don't have to make sedarim, and IYH hopefully not the first days either.

shopaholic

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 8:32 am
Sunday, I'm emptying the chometz from the cabintes that I need. Monday, Tuesday I'm cleaning & lining the cabinets (I don't have a big kitchen). Wednesday we are kashering & lining the counters, oven fridge. Then, if I have time I want to cook some stuff, maybe bake on Thursday.

dr pepper

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 8:41 am
I've already begun reorganizing and combining things from various closets to empty out space in my kitchen. nothing major though. sunday I'll have everything done and will probably be able to line the cabinets.

I hope to do my fridge on tuesday and also kasher my oven.

su7kids

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 9:49 am
We will do the kitchen after Shabbos. There is NO WAY I'm making Pesach any longer than it has to be.

We don't use our cabinets for Pesach, we put a table in the laundry room and all our pots and pans sit there.

We don't use processed products so don't need cabinets. WE have boxes of fruit and veggies around the house, living room or dining room.

I can't do it to myself or my family. We will hae a chometzdike Shabbos, with cake and challah.

TG no little kids running around, either!

shayna82

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 10:14 am
did u always do that, even when ur kids were little. I cant imagine having cake and stuff around past thursday..

bashinda

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 10:39 am
I know. I'm planning on only having challah for chometz. I'll get Oberlanders stuff. But then again I don't think I can swing kashering motzaei shabbos because I'm just too new at this.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 10:42 am
I'll probably kasher on sunday and cook on monday or tuesday during the day.

I'm only going to be home for the first days - and will probably only eat 2 meals at home, so it's not like I'll knock myself out cooking.

su7kids

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 11:00 am
shayna82 wrote:
did u always do that, even when ur kids were little. I cant imagine having cake and stuff around past thursday..

When my kids were small, we probably didn't do cake, probably did cookies on that Shabbos, but for sure I will not, and have never extended Pesach longer than it needs to be.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics