Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Not ready yet or just do it?

dr pepper

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 1:52 am
My 2yo asks for her potty, sits on it for long periods of time, but holds it in until we put the diaper back on her. Or sometimes she'll ask me to take out the potty and then she runs away from me and goes into the corner to do her business.

There's all this talk about potty readiness, but IMO, if she is aware of when she needs to go and is capable of holding it in, the she is ready, right? Even if she doesn't actually want to go yet?

We're all going to be home Pesach and I'm thinking it's the perfect opportunity to just take off her diaper and train her since DH will be around to help. I tried a few months ago and she just went all over the floor every time for a couple of days with no improvement. But now she's older and I'm willing to wait it out. How long should it take?

I really do keep thinking she's too young, but I see my friends with older kids who aren't trained yet, and they have such problems with toddler backtalking and refusing to go, I figure the sooner the better.

gryp

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 9:27 am
just do it. Smile

BlumaG

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 12:49 pm
she is 2 and how many months?
if she's over 2 1/2 go for it and good luck

dr pepper

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 12:58 pm
Two plus a couple of days.

JMto2

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 1:01 pm
I would say if she knows the concept than do it it migt take a bit of accidents but she will realize you are serious and get the hang of the fact that she has to use the potty

dr pepper

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 1:03 pm
I really don't want to let go of that "babyness" about her. It makes me sad in a way:(

gryp

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 1:28 pm
if I had the chance to toilet train one of my kids, I would do it in an instant. It is so nice not to have to change diapers.

My first was trained at 2 yrs 4 mos. My second is 19 months now ka"h and I am seriously considering training him this coming summer. I think it might work.

MOM222

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 11:03 pm
I trained at 2. Worked great. I actually think its easier bfre the child is to smart to rebel LOL

dr pepper

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 11:15 am
I'm pretty convinced she's ready now. I left her in her room alone for a little bit yesterday and when I came to get her, she was standing there stark naked with her diaper off, pointing at the mess she made and saying ewww.

then this morning she pointed to her diaper and told me ewww again when I took her from the crib. and yes, it was very "ewwww" and I decided I couldn't handle this for very much longer!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training