Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Can a Baby Have Heartburn?

Lady Bug

Post Fri, Oct 25 2013, 10:02 am
My toddler (18 months old) has this funny burp for the last 2 weeks. After she eats, she gives a little burp but it sounds like there is something coming up with it (heartburn?). It is just in the back of her throat but she starts crying and it really hurts her. She also has this at night and she wakes up a few times at night crying from the pain of what I think sounds like heartburn. Is this normal? Any suggestions for possible causes or ideas on what this can be? This happens after anything she eats, even a bottle, and sometimes even hours after she last ate.

Liba

Post Fri, Oct 25 2013, 10:06 am
What you are describing sounds exactly like reflux. It hurts and can chv"sh cause damage to the esophagus.

Zehava

Post Fri, Oct 25 2013, 10:21 am
Heartburn in babies is called reflux. The doc will prescribe medication that will neutralize the acid and make the pain go away. Btdt good luck

tweety2

Post Fri, Oct 25 2013, 11:35 am
Reflux! In adults it's called heartburn, in babies they call it reflux. Meds help. Talk to your dr.

boro parker

Post Fri, Oct 25 2013, 11:49 am
good luck, my baby suffered with reflux for months being on all medications but they didn't help...

groisamomma

Post Fri, Oct 25 2013, 11:52 am
It's reflux. Give her a cold sip of water right after the burp to make the hurt go away.

Lady Bug

Post Fri, Oct 25 2013, 2:17 pm
hmmm.. isn't reflux for newborns? Why would he develop reflux at 18 months?

amother

Post Fri, Oct 25 2013, 2:19 pm
I think one can get it at any time. My father had acid reflux at 65 that ended up in him going to the er thinking it was a heart attach. He never had any trouble before that.

mammala120

Post Fri, Oct 25 2013, 5:05 pm
reflux develops due to over irritation of liver/stomach . stop juices and junk food ....he /she should be fine after that. seriously
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics