Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Picnic Ideas

Sunshine

Post Thu, May 19 2005, 5:13 pm
Today it is so nice outside and fresh since it rained yesterday and cleaned the air. Spring is here and I like to make picnics occasionally(once a week or every other week) in the park. What are some good ideas of suppers I can take to the park that are not too messy (I don't have to take my pots and kitchen utensils and the whole kitchen including the sink!). Today I am going to take pizza and french fries with us. Another thing I take is hamburgers or make a bbq there(saving that for lag b'omer). Anyone else have any picnic food ideas?

Pickle Lady

Post Thu, May 19 2005, 5:58 pm
chips and sandhwiches with fruit

maybe some cut up veggies

sounds like a good idea...maybe it would be fun to make a picnic soon with my family....

1stimer

Post Sat, May 21 2005, 2:50 pm
bagels and tuna.

barbq with anything on it. fish, burgers etc.

m&m

Post Sun, May 22 2005, 12:48 am
You can make wraps. You can make all different types.

Tuna with avocado lettuce and other veggies
Cold cuts with pickles
feta cheese with grilled mushrooms and peppers

Those are just some ideas. You can put any combination you like.

debz123

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 5:03 pm
I just decided to make a picnic tonight for supper. but I'd rather not do anything like sandwiches or wraps (I've been abusing those lately. . .) any other ideas of portable, not too messy food that's milchig/pareve (for the nine days)?

nicole81

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 5:04 pm
wraps are easy.

you can also stuff tomatoes with tuna or canned salmon and scallions and spices.

tacos. you can put chopped tomatoes and beans into a tupperware and bring some shredded cheese and stuff the tacos when you're ready.

debz123

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 5:14 pm
hey! I just had a great idea. I think I'm going to make a bunch of different salads: tri-color pasta salad, corn salad (with red pepper and pickles), potato salad, and an israeli salad. I'll also bring pita bread so we can fill the pitas if we want to. is that enough? does anything else go with that?

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 5:35 pm
Alot of kids like a pepper filled with cottage cheese.
Other easy ideas, especially dairy.
Cereal and milk (not my first choice)
Take along a pack of bread with diff. spreads, or slices of American Chesse, peanut butter.

lebens, yogurts, puddings.

queenie

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 6:36 pm
there are tons of different types of pita bread and veggie burgers. make a veg burger with salad in a pita. Add tomatoes, pickles, lettuce, onions and ketchup. Kids and adults love it. Then you can have cheese in it too or after it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen