Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Coral springs, FL

zuncompany

Post Sat, Sep 25 2004, 9:19 pm
Does anyone know much about the community there? Friends are trying to convince us to move there cause it had a lot of what we are looking for. We had a long long talk last night and we are seriously considering there or Pittsburg (a lot depends of course on my husband's job). We know a bunch about Pittsburg, but not much about coral springs. Anyone know anything?
Sara

deedee

Post Sat, Sep 25 2004, 11:34 pm
I have a friend that lives in coral springs and she loves it there. its a fast growing community. I have slept over a few times and the women that I have met are super nice and my husband loves the shul.

mom

Post Sun, Sep 26 2004, 9:59 am
I'm deedee's friend who lives there. Deedee, I've been trying to reach you- please call me:-)
Zuncompany, I think it's a great community here. The people are so friendly and they have a really good school here. There are a lot of kids in the area and the Rabbi of the shul is great. Anyway, if you have any questions, just ask.

zuncompany

Post Sun, Sep 26 2004, 10:21 am
Is housing affordable? Is it a younger community or older (people wise)? BT or FFB? Do most of the husbands work? My husband's big thing... is there grass? Who is the Rav? Is it more laid back or very machmir? How is the mikvah? (this is a big deal for me cause the one here makes me cry its so horrible!) What about obs... do they have good ones around? Or is it hard to find? Ped?

Sorry for so many questions. Our friends don't have kids, so they don't know all this stuff
Sara

zuncompany

Post Sun, Sep 26 2004, 10:22 am
Oh... and I am a duntz... THANK YOU!
Sara

miriam

Post Sun, Sep 26 2004, 10:29 am
why are u a duntz? did I miss something?

PS. Does FL still exist? I heard congress was taking one of the stars off the flag Tongue Out since florida is gone. You guys have it rough - 4 hurricanes in 1.5 months!

zuncompany

Post Sun, Sep 26 2004, 10:54 am
I forgot to say thank you. I am pretty out of it today.
sara

mom

Post Sun, Sep 26 2004, 12:54 pm
OK, I'll try to answer all your questions. Housing is affordable compared to miami and north miami, but the prices are going up. Having said that, you can buy a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom house for around 250K with a yard and everything. There are a number of young families here with young kids, also some older people too. Having said that, I would say it's a young-ish community. There are tons of little kids here, so it's really nice to go to shul on shabbos 'coz all the kids play and everything.
There are a lot of BT families here. Most of the chabad families are shluchim and in some way connected to the Hebrew Academy. Many of the young families who just arrives are FFb, but there are a lot of BT's here too. Also a lot of families who are connected with the Hebrew school that are not religious but like chabad. The only orthodox shul in coral springs is the chabad shul, so all the young israel people, israelis and other people who don't want conservative or reform come here. Personally I like it that there are so many different kinds of people coming to the Chabad house.
There is a lot of grass and palm trees all around here, and a lot of canals too.
The Rabbi is Rabbi Yossi Denburg and Rabbi Avrohom Friedman. They are both really nice- Rabbi Denburg is the rabbi of the school and rabbi Friedman the rabbi of the shul but they both work together.
You asked if it's machmir- it's the kind of place where everyone is on their own level, you will never get people telling you what you should be doing. Everyone here is on their own level religiosuly, and there are a lot of shiurim and classes.
There is a nice mikveh here and another one 15 minutes away too. There are good ob's to use and tons of pediatricians.
Aside from the people connected to the school who teach in the hebrew academy, the other husbands all work - as does mine.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

zuncompany

Post Sun, Sep 26 2004, 4:57 pm
Thanks so much for answering my questions. I actually have two more.

1)how bad are the huricanes? Our friends said it has been fine so far, but we have not heard from them yet today. Both our families think we are nuts to be considering FL as a place to move... especially this month.

2)Chinnuch... sounds wonderful for adults. Whats the situation for kids? Is there cheder? You mentioned Hebrew Academy... do they teach yiddish, chassidus, etc..? Or is it just a stam jewish school?
THANKS!
Sara

mom

Post Sun, Sep 26 2004, 5:44 pm
SO far we've been pretty lucky with the hurricanes, we were south of where they ahve made landfall. Many people in Boca lost power for a couple of weeks after the last one. In our area trees cames down - but that was basically it. ALthough it is a little scary when you hear the wind and the rain and it feels like your windows will blow off. ANyway, hurricane season is over in a month
THe Hebrew Academy here is run by Chabad and they are pretty much in charge of the Judaic curriculum. It is a Hebrew Academy school, which means you have frum and not frum kids together in class, but all the shluchim send their kids here. As far as I know in second grade the boys and girls are separated, and only join together for math and science. The school goes up to eighth grade. THey don't teach yiddish at the school, but there is a cheder on Sunday run by someone else that is for 2 hours and is in Yiddish. I'm not sure about chasidus - my son is still young, but maybe in the older grades.
Hope this was helpful.

mom

Post Sat, Oct 23 2004, 5:50 pm
Just wondering if you are still interested in moving here? If you are, let me know and I'll email you my phone number if you would like to ask me anything.

zuncompany

Post Sat, Oct 23 2004, 6:03 pm
we are planning on coming for a visit sometime early in Jan (maybe new years weekend since my husband has that monday off and can take friday without questions). My husband is doing some research to see if there are job prospects for him.
THANK YOU!
Sara
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating