Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
The Shabbos before Pesach HELP!!!

IBR

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 8:01 pm
What are you doing for shabbos before Pesach? You have to eat challah, but then when do I clean I guess Motzei Shabbos its crazy!!! Any ideas. Please feel free to write.
Thank you.

miri123

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 8:39 pm
depending on your house you could eat challah in one especific place, finish it, and continue your meal at the table if the food is not chometzdik or at least not messy.
Hatzlacha
I will be pesach that shabbos and make a picnic on the front yard, weather depending, maybe Wink

downsyndrome

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 8:47 pm
Many people are going to treat this Shabbos Hagodal the same way they'd treat Shabbos if the seder were on Motzei Shabbos, which we had a coupla' times over the last few years.
You prepare a totally Pesach'dig Shabbos in a totally Pesach'dig home, and you just eat a 'kezayis' challah in a small bag like a chipmunk and you dump it immediately. You shake off from crumbs, wash your hands, and continue the seudah.

Marion

Post Tue, Mar 20 2007, 3:04 am
We use pita instead of challah. Less mess. A few years ago my FIL realized he only had one pita...he rummaged in the freezer and found a small frozen pizza...

shopaholic

Post Tue, Mar 20 2007, 10:57 am
We're not cleaning the Living room/dining room until Sunday anyway, so I'll just make sure no one takes challah or any other chametz out of there.

cl

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 9:24 am
I think my shabbos will be pesach-dik also, im worried 2 leave the whole change-over an cooking till motze shabbos / sunday. we can eat challa in the garden or outdoor hallway.

Esther01

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 9:28 am
I'm kashering my kitchen motzei shabbos, so I can't use the sink for the 24 hrs. before. therefore, I am cooking this week double and freezing for next week. everything will be in foil pans so that it can go on the 'blech' and into the garbage. also, I will eat in plastic only. the challa we will eat outside.
I am not home for the sedarim, so I'm not worried about the cooking for pesach in advance.

MommyLuv

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 9:34 am
I think we'll kasher the kitchen before Shabbos and cook a very small Shabbos (or get Pesach takeout food), and eat the challa in the backyard. That way the house is ready earlier, which is great for a last minute person like me embarrassed

shalhevet

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 9:41 am
You have got a few options:

1. Go to a hotel/ buy take out/ eat out/ get yourselves invited somewhere for Shabbos. 8) - for the rich or lucky.
2. Make double this week/ cook earlier in the week and freeze for next week, all ready with no kitchen needed. - for the super balabostas.
3. Make a chometz Shabbos (I still don't get all you people who can clean, kasher and cook in about 36 hours) - for the super, super balabostas (or is it those who don't think ahead?) What
4. Make an all-Pesachdik Shabbos and just eat your pitta in a corner like when erev Pesach is on Shabbos - for the super, super, super balabostas who have finished everything by Friday. Queen
5. Cook in Pesach pots and serve on disposables in a different room/ garden/ balcony together with chometz challa/ pitta and any other cold, non-perishable chometz you want to add (like soup nuts) kept in that place.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics