Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Help the parents in my school succeed!

computerforbubbies

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 6:44 am
I would love to launch a weight loss competition at my workplace! many many parents, lots of potential for advertising and just plain and simple of doing the right thing for preventing sickness and prolonging peoples life, including mine! I need sponsors, professionals who would like to be involved, a scale for weigh ins etc etc!

Last edited by computerforbubbies on Tue, Nov 12 2013, 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

computerforbubbies

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 4:43 pm
anyone Smile

greenfire

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 6:50 pm
fat & skinny people die every day ...

a weight loss competition in the office could be FUN - but I imagine the office would have to sponsor it - everybody should chip in for a scale ...

unless you can hire weight watchers to send out a rep or have over-eaters anonymous meetings

good luck !!!

oliveoil

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 9:06 pm
Do a split the pot with whoever's interested in participating.

computerforbubbies

Post Tue, Nov 12 2013, 9:18 pm
thanks for your feedback

1. its not so much the office as the parents , its a school.
2. they are low income, that's why I'm trying to outsource the funding.
3. I started a split the pot for something else and only got $70..

Ruchel

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 5:39 am
I don't know that it belongs at school or office. I would be weirded out/find it meddling.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 6:00 am
Ruchel wrote:
I don't know that it belongs at school or office. I would be weirded out/find it meddling.

If I were overweight for medical reasons, I would feel horribly shamed by this program. Same thing if I were unable to exercise because of a disability.

Overweight people are excruciatingly aware that they are overweight already. I'm sure they are aware of what programs are out there.

If you really want to help, call around different gyms and nutrition centers and see if they will offer any reduced rates for low income applicants. Print up a sheet that has all the info in one place. That way anyone who wants to try it can do so without being embarrassed.

computerforbubbies

Post Wed, Nov 13 2013, 6:03 am
15 people signed up within the first 2 days so far, I was the top person on the list! cuz guess what?! I'm also overweight

I didn't expect such backlash from you guys, no one in the school complained about it! plus its not just about the weight loss, yiH I plan to offer classes as well and some "skinny" people signed up for the classes

its meant to be a fun competition, part of my job is parent involvement.. this is the most involvement we've had in a while!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries