Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Magna tiles

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 14 2013, 10:08 am
I am looking into getting magnatiles for chanukah. Toys 4 u and Toys 2 discover sell them in their own version. Did anyone try either of them????

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 14 2013, 10:30 am
This set seems to have INCREDIBLE reviews, and the people I know who have it are very, very happy. You can't beat this price for the quality it seems to have.

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Nov 14 2013, 10:34 am
I got it as a gift for my kids. They love love love it. They play with it all the time.

imasinger

Post Thu, Nov 14 2013, 12:08 pm
My kids play with magnatiles all the time. Other toys are fun for a while and then take a break, but the magnatiles are so fun and so versatile that they are pulled out ongoingly. One of the best toy investments we ever made.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 14 2013, 12:49 pm
Thanks for your imput! I'm curious to know if the store brands are the same quality and work the same since its cheaper?

Fragile

Post Thu, Nov 14 2013, 1:39 pm
I got magformers as a gift for my kids. At first I was disappointed cuz I really wanted magnatiles but now I realize how amazing it is. I'd definitely recommend it over the magnatiles. There's so much more you can do with it. My kids cannot get enough of it. They've played with magnatiles by my neighbors but totally like the magformers more.

Love this site

Post Thu, Nov 14 2013, 3:18 pm
I bought the toys2discover version for friends we went to for shabbos, while I own the original version of magna tiles. Over shabbos we played with them to see how they compared to ours.
Overall, it was a pretty good imitation. No obvious flaws except the strength of the actual magnets. We built structures that collapsed with the copied version which we knew held with the original version. But the copied version came with wheels to build vehicles while the original version only comes with the 4-5 basic shapes. They added more versions since this occurred though. I don't know about them.

supty

Post Thu, Nov 14 2013, 3:24 pm
What ages are these appropriate for? Is a two year old too young?

Love this site

Post Thu, Nov 14 2013, 3:27 pm
I don't think a 2 year old is too young. Like other posters said its a real winner with all ages. A 2 year old can create simple things without much fuss. It's even easier than cliks I would say.

joy613

Post Thu, Nov 14 2013, 10:59 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
This set seems to have INCREDIBLE reviews, and the people I know who have it are very, very happy. You can't beat this price for the quality it seems to have.

We have this (magentic stick n stack) are really happy with it. I would recommend it.
(Didn't I just post this on another thread?..) It is quite sturdy and can build pretty high without toppling, though it's not as strong as the original Magna tiles. The kids can literally play with these for hours.
All ages love it and use it their own way.

fly on the wall

Post Thu, Nov 14 2013, 11:24 pm
How many sets do you really need to keep 3-4 kids busy?
I find that having a lot of the same building toy works best for me, because otherwise they just create something small and get bored.

yaeli83

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 9:33 pm
We got these for dd for a 3rd bday gift. She loves them, and my almost 2 yr old ds also loves them. He is actually very good at building with them, so I would say a 2 year old would defiantly be able to use them.

It pays to get the bigger set. We have the small set of 30 something for the two kids but they fight over the pieces and as soon as the baby is old enough to play, then we really wont have enough pieces.

momluv

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 9:54 pm
we are getting the toys 2 discover imitation. we heard that they guarantee them, unlike toys 4 u version. they are compatible with the original magnatiles as well.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 10:30 pm
I just heard tonight from someone who is not happy with toys 2 discover version. She has real ones also and she said the toys 2 discover version cannot build the same tall structures as the original. Her kids get frustrated. Also thew wheels do not work. Its really only sets of 100 and 152 ( I confirmed personally in store) They dont tell u unless u ask. I dont know if playmags are stronger though but my friend highly recommended spending on real if u can afford it.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 8:27 am
People are most happy with the original brand and the first solid not transluscent colored set for sturdiness and say it is worth the extra few dollars.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics