Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Where do you store all those toys???
1  2  Next

cheerios

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 6:58 pm
Do you have a system that works with storing toys? Where do you keep it? Shelves? toy boxes? I'm looking for something that will keep it organized, where I can easily rotate them (hide some for a while and then take it out so they think you bought new toys).

Btw, why don't we have a separate section under household management called Organizing? I'd love that. Anyone else?

withhumor

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 7:14 pm
Yes, they should all be in cute boxes. But only keep 2 or 3 bins out all the time. the rest, I take down to our unfinished cellar. Every time they get bored of the times, I change it up with another few. This also goes for dolls, teddy bears, doll strollers… every time they get bored of the dolls, I switch up with 3 different ones. It really works!

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 8:05 pm
they have different size and color rubbermaid boxes that you could use -

peach

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 8:49 pm
cheerios wrote:

Btw, why don't we have a separate section under household management called Organizing? I'd love that. Anyone else?

I was just thinking about that earlier today!!! So interesting that you wrote this today. I think it would be a great idea!! Yes Yes

S.Shcwartz

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 9:46 pm
I use the rubbermaid clear containers with lids, they are on shelves so everything is visible and reachable. One box has balls, cars, extra... smaller bins with attached lids for mentchies, smaller toys. It looks great and very organized. BTW if anyone needs tips on organization, ask me. I love to organize!

MyKidsRQte

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 11:35 pm
wanna come organize my apartment? lol

shoy18

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 11:44 pm
I bought a big leather bench that opens and I use that for all the toys my ds plays with currently its great, and it looks nice too

cheerios

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 12:15 am
Quote:
I bought a big leather bench that opens and I use that for all the toys my ds plays with currently its great, and it looks nice too

don't those benches get messy, cuz all the toys are just stuffed together?
The rubbermaid bins sounds like a good idea.

Quote:
BTW if anyone needs tips on organization, ask me. I love to organize!

Why don't you offer to mod a forum on organizing?

shopaholic

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 9:38 am
I have 2 of these:

http://www.target.com/gp/detai.....8KD9C

They hold a lot more than you imagine. I bought them a couple weeks ago so when we cleaned for Pesach, we organized too. The board games are on shelves, but this great for clics, Tinkertoys, blocks, Little People, dress up, puppets, toy cars etc.

rainbow baby

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 9:42 am
I don't know if you have IKEA where you live but I have three of these in my playroom. IKEA have some great children's furniture.

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs.....15567*16113*16261&categoryId=15664&productId=47813&chosenPartNumber=S49819508

S.Shcwartz

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 10:57 am
Thanx but the link doesn't work jewish!

rainbow baby

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 11:07 am
Does this link work this time?

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs.....15567*15661*16259&categoryId=16259&cattype=sub

It's the Trofast one that I have.

rainbow baby

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 11:10 am
No it does not, not sure why but anyway look up IKEA an go to the children's range, then click on Children's storage and then you want to click on Storage furniture, you will then see the Trofast range.

Raisin

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 11:19 am
I was thinking of getting one of those shelf things that momof3 has, but I realised I have a big built in cupboard in the playroom, so I got a lot of stackable plastic boxes in 2 sizes with lids (very important) to orginise all the different types of toys into, and they all stack neatly into the cupboard along with all the board games etc. It is much tidier now.

Along these lines, I was once in someones (very tidy) house with my kids. They had a couple of children, so my kids were looking for toys. There were a few toys in the living room, 2 or 3 maybe, and I asked if the kids toys were kept somewhere else. The mother said these were all the toys they had!

I guess thats one solution!!!

shoy18

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 11:43 am
cheerios wrote:
Quote:

don't those benches get messy, cuz all the toys are just stuffed together?
The rubbermaid bins sounds like a good idea.

Any toy that has peices goes into a ziplock bag, all with tiny holes in them so not to be dangerous.

bashinda

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 11:58 am
momof3 wrote:
I have 2 of these:

http://www.target.com/gp/detai.....8KD9C

They hold a lot more than you imagine. I bought them a couple weeks ago so when we cleaned for Pesach, we organized too. The board games are on shelves, but this great for clics, Tinkertoys, blocks, Little People, dress up, puppets, toy cars etc.

I'm thinking about getting that but what are the sizes of the bins roughly? There's no useful information of that sort on the site that I can see...

The thing is I don't need it for cliks or legos because they come in boxes but for the mentchies and the doll house items etc this sounds potentially great.

I've been keeping DD's in diaper cases so far! Things are definitely easy to put away but not so easy to find afterward.

lotte

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 12:07 pm
[quote="cheerios"]Do you have a system that works with storing toys?

I do have a system -the system is called:
Hugh black garbage bags!
And this is what I did this morning-whatever my kids didnt touch for the past year or so I put into 10 bags and sent it to a tzedaka organization.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 12:30 pm
I still have toys and when my grandchildren come I take them out. They stay in laundry baskets. In anticipation of their visit I"Y"H", I took out the "cubiot', 'boobah', 'ofaniam', 'kadur', 'barvaz', and 'tzatzuim' cleaned them and put them in baskets and on a kid height table. The 'autos' are parked under the crib.

cheerios

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 1:10 am
Thanks for all the ideas. But what about large toys like those huge fire trucks, the box of legos, the doll carriages or train sets? Where do you store those? I've seen someone store all the toys in a 5-shelf bookcase. I don't like the look of that (but what's good about it is: the higher shelves are out of reach and you can rotate the toys easily).

shopaholic

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 12:11 pm
Bashinda - the smaller ones are about 16"-18"x6" & the bigger are double that exactly. I emptied the clics from its container & put them there, but left the legos in their containers.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics