Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Professional Organizers

cheerios

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 12:18 am
Did anybody ever use a proffessional organizer who comes to your house and basically organizes everything? How much do they charge? Was it helpful? Did you maintain it or did it all get messy again soon after?

Squash

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 12:23 am
Thanks for this thread. I'm interested in hearing about this as well. This is actually my dream.

withhumor

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 9:49 am
Clutter is not chometz!!!!!!!!!!

southernbubby

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 9:50 am
There is a woman in my shul that is a professional organizer. She developed her profession on her own but there is now training for it because the truly professional organizers also do businesses and offices. Someone who used her to downsize her elderly mother's household goods in order to move her out of the house said that this organizer was something that they could not have done without but she was in their view, expensive.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 10:14 am
no but the apt we bought is chock full of shelves and such and having them is a lifesaver!

bashinda

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 10:25 am
withhumor wrote:
Clutter is not chometz!!!!!!!!!!

Okay so I wouldn't recommend getting one less than 2 weeks before Pesach but in general I'm vaguely interested although it depends on what they charge. It makes a big dfference when everything has it's right "home."

Cdlf

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 12:35 am
There is a group called NAPO, national association for professional organizers, that lists all different types of organizers by location and you can email them individually. I just did that and got lots of replies. They start at $25- an hour in Brooklyn and go up to $150 an hour in Manhatten.

If anybody has a name and number in the brooklyn area to recommend I'd love to get it. I just redid my house and could use some help with what should go where, etc.

ffbmom

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 5:51 am
Actually, I just was listening to a show by two professional organizers who do feng shui and they had some great ideas. They also said that some people lose weight once their life is uncluttered. Makes sense?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics