Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Chanukah cards/ gifts after Chanukah vacation.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 10:19 pm
I have been running crazy buzy, between work, kids, Chanukah prep so I am not ready with Chanukah cards/tips. I went to DD's Chanukah Chagiga today,and a lot of mothers gave cards to teachers there, I felt so disorganized Sad. I left my house extremely early this am , and had to stay late at work to make up for time off I took in the middle of the day. Anyway, teachers, does it matter to you if you receive cards when kids come back to school next week? I hope not Wink

zaq

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 9:20 am
There was a thread about this exact topic within the past 2 days. I am not a teacher, and get neither gifts nor cash bonus for my holiday or any other, but as I see it, a gift is a gift, not payment for services rendered. If you're not paid on time, you have a legitimate gripe. If you get a gift, you have no right to gripe about when it's received. Of course, if you receive a Chanuka-themed gift after Chanuka, it loses its ta'am, but methinks a hat-and-glove set is just as warm after Chanuka as before.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 5:44 pm
Thanks Zaq! I feel better today, and Chanukah vacation has started anyway. I am hoping to have time on Sunday to write thank you cards. I guess I am just tired of being tired and overwhelmed and behind schedule all the time ( but that's whole other vent Wink )

zaq

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 5:47 pm
So are you sending me a hat-and-gloves set?

bnm

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 8:21 pm
I can't keep up B"H. they get stuff Zos Chanuka... so I won't send mini doughnuts. though I'm sure they would love it anyway.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 8:29 pm
If it makes you feel better, I feel the same way. I am feeling too overwhelmed and the rebbe, teachers and therapists will be receiving their gifts after vacation. My problem though, I can't even seem to gather my thoughts to write something nice. And I do want to. It's just not going. Arghh.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children