Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
What to give a Ganenet (preschool teacher) for chanukah?

mirimiri

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 5:00 am
I send my son here in Israel to Gan, I wanted to give the Morah something small for Chanukah, what's normal to give? I know some groups have the mothers chip in together and they give a gift from everyone, but my group didn't do that, so just looking for some ideas, thanks!
ps. someone mentioned money? do you do that? I just feel like its out of place to just hand her cash....
thanks in advance

abi

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 10:44 am
I gave my dd morah a 100₪ shankys voucher with a note of aprreciation

lkwdmommy

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 11:07 am
Gift certificates are nice, but cash/Visa card is even nicer!

Just put it in an envelope with a nice card. Totally not out of place.

chanchy123

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 12:56 pm
In israel adults do not usually exchange gifts on chanuka. Gift giving is limited to children. More appropriate occasions are purim pesach and RH. Especially regarding a child's teacher.

TzipG

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 1:03 pm
Is this done here?

I have never given my kids' gananot or teachers a gift, beyond the money that is collected for a group gift at the end of the year. (Don't get me wrong, I let them know all year long how much I appreciate what they are doing, but I did not think that giving gifts during chagim was standard practice here.)

westerner

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 8:30 pm
I sure hope this isnt somethign that is normally done in israel, that I have totally missed the past few years! eek. ive never head of giving a gannenet a gift (money? gift certificate? flowers? huh??) for chanukah. I hope other parents arent secretly offended that we havent chipped in in some secret gift.
we give the gannenet and the assistant mishloach manot...

Marion

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 8:36 pm
Chanukah is not a gift-giving holiday in Israel, except for among us imports. The va'ad horim gives at Purim, Pesach, and end of year. And sometimes, if you have an exceptional va'ad and time to get organized, at Rosh Hashanah.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics