Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Her baby wipes off on my baby

Beyla

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 10:54 am
I was in the bus with my baby in his stroller. The bus was full of people and this woman with her big stroller comes in, I put my stroller on the side to let her space, she doesn't say anything. I don't care she doesn't say thank you because, too bad, some people are not polite and I decided to don't care anymore.

But then her baby who seems to be one year old puts his hand full of chocolate on MY baby and begins to wipe off on his hand, his coat and his stroller...
I'm like ok, I hope she will take off her baby's hand now but she looks at it, doesnt do anything, and turns her head looking by the window.
What? So I take her baby's hand off mine myself. She still doesn't react, her baby screams and put his hand again...and again, and again.
All the trip he did it and I was the only one reacting. Once she said to her baby (still ignoring me), "I know you want to touch the baby, sweety".

I was tired, pushed by everyone behind me (the bus was full), and didn't say anything. I was so chocked that this woman doesn't care what her baby is doing... My baby's now full of chocolate and his white coat became brown.......

I think I should have react but I didn't want to be in a fight, specially in this bus where everyday someone makes a scandal.

That's it for my adventure of the day!

MrsButterfly

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 11:02 am
Wow. I have lots of respect for you! So much self control!

I'm not sure what I would have done, but I have a feeling it would not have ended well.

out-of-towner

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 11:17 am
I would have asked her if she had a baby wipe to clean your baby off with.

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 11:47 am
You definitely have amazing self control. I would have turned around and said I have babywipes and tissues if you need but my kid is not a towel so either clean your sons hands yourself or I will do it and trust me you don't want that!

Some people are so rude and selfish!!

imasinger

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 12:37 pm
Ugh, nasty!

I guess I would have tried to squish the stroller out of his reach at the first grab.

freidasima

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 12:47 pm
Yes nasty. I too would have turned to the mother and said "my baby isn't a towel, please wipe your child's hands, look how filthy he is getting my child's white coat!" And if she didn't do anything I would have pushed her stroller far away, even if there were people around.

You have to be assertive. What if that kid was tying to push his finger in your baby's eye? Would the mother had done nothing? Could be....so you have to be on the lookout. That's a lot worse than a dirty coat...

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 1:30 pm
I would have said something for sure. But if I was too uncomfortable to speak up for some reason, I'd probably pick up my baby from the stroller rather than let him continue to be a napkin. Or move away if there was some room. I'm not a bus-rider, so I don't know the logistics of that, but I wouldn't sit there and say and do nothing. How rude that mother was.

Beyla

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 3:31 pm
freidasima wrote:
You have to be assertive. What if that kid was tying to push his finger in your baby's eye? Would the mother had done nothing? Could be....so you have to be on the lookout. That's a lot worse than a dirty coat...

You're right! Bh her kid was too far from my son and too stuck in his coat to touch anything else but my baby's arm and coat!
I couldn't move. Stuck between the wall and the other stroller.

I wish I would have said something but I was so chocked I couldn't. And also scared to scream on her, I was seething inside.

But it's ok, now it's done! The coat is already washed!

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 3:43 pm
there's a way to get the message across without screaming & without suffering inside - not to mention your babies white coat [clean & soak in baking soda & detergent] ...

you tell her politely to kindly move her baby carriage around so that he doesn't reach out to wipe his dirty hands on your baby ... offer her a wipe in case she doesn't have any

but to watch the same action over & over is too passive for me

amother

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 4:25 pm
Sorry that happened

I would have said something as politely as possible

If the baby was touching your baby's face, you definitely would have said something. You don't touch people you don't know, that applies to babies too - what if the other baby was sick or was dirty it is not hygienic.

If my baby was to touch a random person on the bus (adult/child/ baby), I would say straight away I am SO sorry and immediately say to him that you do not touch people you don't know.

She saw he was in a mess she should have cleaned him off!

alte mamme

Post Thu, Nov 28 2013, 10:51 pm
Maybe you could have indicated that your baby had something contagious (flu? lice?) and how brave it is of her to let her child get in such close contact with yours under the circumstances.

Or just talk to your baby about how terrible it is that there were bed bugs at aunties house and you're going to wash them all out of his coat and stroller as soon as you get home....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette