Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Rabbi Blumenkrantz's Pesach book

gryp

Post Sat, Mar 24 2007, 6:52 pm
Do you read the entire thing, or just the Pesach products part?

amother

Post Sat, Mar 24 2007, 6:56 pm
NON!

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Mar 24 2007, 8:40 pm
a lot of it is repeated each year.

gryp

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 5:54 am
I read his book through on Shabbos. I'm not sure if the part I'm a bit shocked about was there last year too, and I missed it, or if it's new.

Anyway, he brings a lot of proof that there is no such thing as Pareve chocolate. Every single Pareve chocolate can have up to 5% milk in it because of the way they kasher the machines from milchig to Pareve.

The proof he brings is from various expert mashgichim, plus the fact that people with allergies to milk can also have a reaction from the Pareve chocolates, so much so that the Canadian gov't has passed a law that every single non-dairy piece of chocolate has to have a label that says thatit may contain milk, and US and European gov't are going to do this too.

The exception is Schmerling chocolates because they kasher the machines properly- with hot water or steam as opposed to liquid chocolate- and chocolate made from a compound.

Sregion28

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 6:10 am
I dont read it at all. Last year, all the leading poskim where I live came out with an announcement that any shampoo, soap, etc.. can be used on pesach. if I remember correctly, the only things in terms of cosmetics we needed to worry about were things that go in or near the mouth, like toothpaste, or lipstick.
So I dont even bother with that book which is so expensive anyway! I just get a smaller list from somewhere that has makeup lists, plus our local kashrus organization has a list as well.

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 6:17 am
I actually have read a lot of it in the past - simply out of interest ...

SZ mother

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 8:54 am
So, if you don't hav the book, where do you get a list of products? For example, baby wipes? are they all kosher?, desitin? nisatin? hand soaps?
Any ideas?>
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics