Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Kids shoes for yom tov
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 3:37 pm
I need to buy shoes for my children .I can not stand on line for hours.what do I do?

Sregion28

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 3:49 pm
why would you have to wait in line? where do u live?

amother

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 3:58 pm
I live in brooklyn but at techers on friday afternoon they told me I need to wait at least 2 hours!

amother

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 4:02 pm
buy 2 or 3 pairs per child from zappos.com (sometimes different styles in the same size fit differently)- they have free shipping and free returns. You will have the shoes before pesach and be able to return the rest that same day.

Sregion28

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 4:14 pm
Is techers a jewish store? how much does a pair of shoes normally cost there? cant you just go to a regular store - if you can afford it, a department store, if not then something like famous footwear? I dont know what you have in NY but it should only take a few minutes to buy shoes!

Dini

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 4:31 pm
I'm not the OP but I just went to zappos.com and they are expensive I think more than they charge in teschers

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 6:15 pm
if u're in brooklyn, today they have having a sale on L and Coney - $17. Only 2 styles of girls' shabbos shoes and 1 style of boys' every day, but hey, I went to check it out and there were no lines. (They just didn't have my 1 year old's size, though).
it's where safe-t-spot's purim stoer was.

mom05

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 7:07 pm
better than zappos go to shoebuy.com, they have great prices, also free both way shipping and theres always coupons, do a google search and youll def get a coupon I have a 10 off coupon that I can send you if you give me your email address - u can pm me if you need it

amother

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 7:32 pm
I only buy shoes at Payless and when they have the buy one pair get a second pair at half price. No shoes ever over 15 dollars.

I have no idea how anybody can afford to buy elsewhere.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 8:51 pm
אין די נאזזאר קאן מאן קאופן שיך פאר צען גראשן.
In dee bozzar kon men kofen shich far tzen groshen.

In the bazzar you can get shoes for ten bucks..

koolmother

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 9:19 pm
go to precious steps, they are on 13th avenue, and they are the nicest peaople and very affordable.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 10:12 pm
I would get at Payless, but my 2 year old has wide feet and they don't seem to cater for that...maybe I'll get my 1-year-old shoes there, though. I've heard they don't need to be expensive shoes, just have support.

Mrs. Mommy

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 2:28 pm
I would also suggest Precious Steps on 13th Ave. I bought my baby his shoes there. I was in teh store less than 20 minutes on a Sunday afternoon! They fit really well and so are pleasant to deal with - and very reasonable! Definitely try them, I think you 'll be happy.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 2:35 pm
I never knew about Shoebuy.com! Thanks so much for posting about it - I just checked out their sneaker selection and they have Ryka's that I can never find anywhere!

withhumor

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 2:56 pm
I must recommend you got Angel’s, across the street from the huge Cookies store at the fulton mall. All the shoes are leather uppers, and about $20 - $30 ! And yes, they last all season!

579b Fulton Street
Tel: 718-694-9764 or 9767

Or update me please on the phone number, thanks!

Squash

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 3:15 pm
I don't know what this whole thing with buying expensive shoes is. When I was groing up we only got shoes at Fayva (remember them?) or Parade of Shoes. We didn't get the fancy Italian ones that the heimishe stores sold. We couldn't afford them.

Now it seems you have to take out a mortgage to buy new shoes. Shoes do not need to be fancy and expensive to fit properly and they don't need to be fit by a "professional fitter". You just have to make sure they're wide enough for the kid's foot. Nothing more than that.

lotte

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 3:16 pm
Squash wrote:
I don't know what this whole thing with buying expensive shoes is. When I was groing up we only got shoes at Fayva (remember them?) or Parade of Shoes. We didn't get the fancy Italian ones that the heimishe stores sold. We couldn't afford them.

Now it seems you have to take out a mortgage to buy new shoes. Shoes do not need to be fancy and expensive to fit properly and they don't need to be fit by a "professional fitter". You just have to make sure they're wide enough for the kid's foot. Nothing more than that.

OMG!FAYVA?
lol-wow Now you are reminding me of my childhood...

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 3:29 pm
My husband was shocked when we went to a department store to exchange a pair of slippers. He had never been to a shoe store where a salesman had to retrieve shoes from a stock room!

withhumor

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 3:37 pm
Fayva........ rings a bell! WHERE was it, help!?

Squash

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 4:22 pm
Well, for me, it was across from the Nanuet Mall on Rte 59 in Monsey.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries