Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
So how much did you spend so far…
1  2  3  4  Next

withhumor

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 10:06 am
This Boro Park is terrible. If you can’t find something in one store, no problem. Cross the street, go to the competition… everything, just PAY PAY

So I walked out happily with $640 yesterday, and I had to come home after an hour and a half with nada left over.

I’m still in shock, and I haven’t even gotten to half my list!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 10:18 am
That cannot be! What did you buy?

Coke Slurpee

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 10:22 am
too much!

And I don't have enough money left for the rest of the stuff I need Sad

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 10:23 am
this is the first pesach that we are going to making (we are so excited:>) and so far we have spent 1000 shekels (not including food yet) I think that when we are done, we will reach 1500 shekels.

ny21

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 10:24 am
I have been buying things little by little
I have found pots and pans on sale and
I bought a set of dishes for $29.00
I think I have pretty much what I need.

withhumor

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 10:29 am
I bought slippers for my daughter and me. Then I bought the stuff for the Seder, we’ll be making pesach seder ourselves for the first time. So I got all the stuff by Saverite (silver plated, imitations0 the kaarah plate, and a napkin holder, and a mayim achronim thing. they were $29, $7, $12. then, I got tights/socks for the whole family, another $100. I gave a deposit for my new glasses, I went to LOOK at the girl’s shabbos robes and walked out with disgust. Then I flew to Century 21 and got towels ($3.97 each) for everyone at the seder to put on their lap (I’m used to it from home, it’s actually a great convenience). But I had to get 18, enough for both nights. Then I splurged on the one thing I dreamed about, chair covers, that you tie in a bow… $7 each, times 6.
I got a new game for the kids for pesach, and 3 packs kugelach (chamesh avanim) if they go out of control after the umpteenth seuda.

I got a white tablecloth (Closeout connection) with matching napkins, and cute napkin rings. I also splurged on those gold plate chargers, $2 each.

You want more………wahhhhhhhhhhh

What’s still missing: pillow cover for dh, some benchers for pesach table, Yom Tov salt holder, Urchatz bowl, Lucite matza holder for table

Still have to buy 2 pots, and my box with knives and peeler disappeared. I also have only 4 dishtowels, need some more. I also need a food processor this year.

Then comes the food order, yay.

It’s ok because I’m expecting this whole list, and we prepared to pay with the Tax returns but you know, when you see it liquidating like this argggggggggggggggggggggg

brooklyn

Spent about $900 yesterday between meat, groceries, veg, cleaners , some paper goods. It's not a cheap Yom Tov. It's also eight days so What can you do.

amother

we've spent hundreds and we're not even making Pesach. Rolling Eyes

bashinda

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 10:38 am
I've spent about $1k and I still need to buy all the perishables, clothes for my preschooler and clohes for the trips. we have a certificates from winning an auction awhile back in a men's package so IY"H DH is set.

Oh and I just realized I need to get another bottle to make the formula in. (No not another trip to the store!!!!)

In good news I met amother yesterday at the store yesterday! Nice to see you! Salut

baseballmom

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 11:11 am
Spent about $375 on the non-perishables and meat ...About $700 on the clothes for my dcs and me (for yom tov and the spring), and plan another $150 on fresh items/produce. Thank goodness we were pretty well stocked in terms of housewears etc.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 11:12 am
NICE TO SEE YOU TOO!

WE SHOULD HAVE HUGGED AND DONE THE SPECIAL IMAMOTHER CHANT!!!!!

withhumor

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 11:26 am
I’m a mother, and you are too
I’m addicted, and so are you!

shopaholic

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 11:26 am
Yesterday only - $100 on matza, $550 in KRM, $100 on wine, $40 on a food processor, $10 socks for DD. And I spend a couple of hundred on stuff last week to line & clean the kitchen with.

Now I still need fruit & veg that I'll order tomorrow.
And I've already bought 2 outfits for each kid. Still, DH says it would cost the same to go to his parents for Pesach & this is less hectic & we3 can sleep in our own beds.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 11:28 am
I will spend on food total of $1500 including fish and meat!
Clothing and shoes for kids-this will last me for the entire summer-$2500
A few pots that I add every year-$300
that's it!

cl

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 11:33 am
paperware order = £50 / $95 aprox
wine & grape juice = £60 / $110
food groceries (so far) = £30 / $55

dry cleaning DH's shabbos clothes = £20 / $35
yom tov clothes for DS = bought slowly over the past year whenever I saw stuff on sale like 3 piece linen suit for £15 / $27 - I dont know if thats expensive for America but for here thats a reaaaally good price, plus I have a few other mix n match sets, like tank tops n shirts.
matching canvas shoes = £10 / $18
yom tov dress for me (15% off) = £25 + £5 for under t-shirt / $55 (not so fancy but im preg so I wanted somehting practical I can wear after yom tov)

pots, pans, dishes = £0 (so far) we have a bit of our own an mostly using my mother's stuff cos she moved away

So far: Aprox $500

still to buy:
matzas (on order)
fruit & veg
dairy products
shoes for DH
sippy cups & pacifiers

bashinda

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 11:45 am
chocolate moose wrote:
NICE TO SEE YOU TOO!

WE SHOULD HAVE HUGGED AND DONE THE SPECIAL Imamother CHANT!!!!!

you'd have had to teach me that one. I can imagine people thinking to themselves that maybe we'd inhaled too many noxious cleaning fumes! LOL

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 12:00 pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 1:17 pm
Okay ... so I haven't spent a penny yet ... but you guys are making me nervous ... thanks ... I'll see ya later out to rob a bank ...

withhumor

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 1:25 pm
can I come along... ?

withhumor

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 1:25 pm
can I come along... ?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics