Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
So how much did you spend so far…
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

downsyndrome

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 7:20 pm
Spent too much to even keep track. I do know that yesterday's supermarket shopping, which included groceries, paper goods and produce, cost $854.00 and I'm nowhere near done for Pesach. Didn't buy any dairy products yet.

Shmura matzoh is (I think) $16 per lb. and we needed 28 lbs.

Butcher order is being sent in shifts, with the first half having arrived today. It was $200 something, but the more expensive meats are coming tomorrow.

and on, and on, and on....

Y'know the saying - People say money talks; all mine ever says is 'good-by'.

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 8:07 pm
withhumor wrote:
I'm like a 1x - 2x, thanks. is it a bikini in a matza print ?

Hey I once bought by then H a tie to match his suit for pesach... it had little circles and we called it the matza tie

MyKidsRQte

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 12:32 am
the hardware store alone for sinks, countertops, blech, broom, mop, dustpan was close to $200

clothing for the kids so far $550

I still did not take down my pesach stuff so I am not too sure what I still need. I am expecting groceries to be about another $400. I am only going to be home from friday on.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 1:09 am
withhumor wrote:
I had a cleaning lady twice. Last week she did 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Today, the dining room, and some kitchen cabinets. Tomorrow iy”h laundry, and finishing kitchen and hall closet, and then it’s chag sameach,. If you don’t make an issue out of it, it’s actually quite simple.

So bekitzur, your cleaning made your whole house pesach'dig (and will get the schar for it! Wink ) and you're sitting with your feet up. A real 'kuntz' to say 'don't make an issue out of it' Confused

amother

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 1:35 am
amother wrote:
withhumor wrote:
I had a cleaning lady twice. Last week she did 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Today, the dining room, and some kitchen cabinets. Tomorrow iy”h laundry, and finishing kitchen and hall closet, and then it’s chag sameach,. If you don’t make an issue out of it, it’s actually quite simple.

So bekitzur, your cleaning made your whole house pesach'dig (and will get the schar for it! Wink ) and you're sitting with your feet up. A real 'kuntz' to say 'don't make an issue out of it' Confused

I have a cleaning lady doing the majority of the work as well..my baby was in the hospital for a week an hour away from home. I came home to "visit" with my other kids for a total of 4 hours during the entire week..obviously leaving absolutely no time to clean (or even think about cleaning). If it weren't for my wonderful cleaning lady, nothing would be done. I am still up round the clock giving meds to baby every 4 hours..I have no strength to clean...and have no idea how I am going to cook..I haven't even made a shopping list yet. No sitting with "my feet up" in the slightest bit...probably too tired to even lift them up after all I've been through for 2 weeks.

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 1:49 am
my oldest was hospitalized at age 2 1/2 a week and a half before Pesach, and was discharged for Shabbos Hagadol. brings back memories. At that point we just cooked on Chol Hamoed, and had the Sedorim and YomTov meals by my parents. But getting the house ready was a mad scramble. I don't remember how I did it.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 2:27 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
withhumor wrote:

I have a cleaning lady doing the majority of the work as well..my baby was in the hospital for a week an hour away from home. I came home to "visit" with my other kids for a total of 4 hours during the entire week..obviously leaving absolutely no time to clean (or even think about cleaning). If it weren't for my wonderful cleaning lady, nothing would be done. I am still up round the clock giving meds to baby every 4 hours..I have no strength to clean...and have no idea how I am going to cook..I haven't even made a shopping list yet. No sitting with "my feet up" in the slightest bit...probably too tired to even lift them up after all I've been through for 2 weeks.

Sorry, I wasn't speaking about you, and I'm not saying theres anything wrong with having a cleaning lady. I was talking about withhumor, who for the past few days keeps talking about how her cleaning lady is slaving away, and how she is so calm, sitting on her recliner etc...

sarahd

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 4:27 am
Are you jealous? Do you work out of the house like withhumor does?

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 5:23 am
About 250NIS on paper goods.

375NIS at the supermarket for groceries without dairy, fruits, veggies, chicken or meat.

Tomorrow I'm going to the Shuk for fruits, veggies, chicken, meat and a couple pots and kitchen items on my list.

Sunday we buy dairy.

Oh, for a family of 4 adults.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 9:03 am
Im not the amother above ... but to be honest I'm jealous of all of you who seem to be complaining ... I don't have a cleaning lady and look how much money I spent and wasted and you don't even seem satisfied - believe it or not some people do not have help and they do not have money so pesach becomes a hugh burden - personally my kids will be happy if I buy them new toothbrushes let alone the fact that I cannot buy them the clothes they need and I feel bad for all of us - and my job is not to panick and pretend it's okay even when I know it's NOT

withhumor

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 9:43 am
Amother above, y heart goes out to you. until last week when I got this cleaning lad, I didn’t think of pesach because I didn’t know where the money will come from. Then the tax returns arrived and booked this one from that hour until pesach. And yes, I am grateful to Hashem for sending me this shaliach. I actually work IN my home but I work and work and work and it’s an emotionally draining job too, so at the end of the hour, I will refuse to look at a shmatta! Point is, pesach cleaning is not for me. If I unpack a cabinet, I will be tempted to organize it before wiping up and putting it all back. The cleaning lady, on the other hand, simply follows instructions, that’s why she did the hwhole house in three days. If you think about it, she’s saving me money! And B’H this arrangement works for us. It doesn’t mean for one minute that it can work for someone else. I think amother, you should consider cleaning help for 2 hours, for the work that you know will schlep you over your schedule. You can go without toothbrushes and new shoes (like us) but I cannot go without the help. For us, no help, no yom tov. But no shoes, you wear the old ones and life goes on.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 10:31 am
If I don't have money for toothbrushes how the h#ll can I get a cleaning lady Twisted Evil I don't need a cleaning lady, we actually need the toothbrushes Exclamation

shayna82

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 10:36 am
you can get toothbrushes from the dollar store. 2 bucks for you and your husband

withhumor

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 10:41 am
Actually, by the dollar store you can get a family pack for 99 cents.

shayna82

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 10:48 am
lol... I had a million toothbrushes from dentists ofice, each year I just pull another bunch out.

batya_d

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 10:58 am
shayna82 wrote:
lol... I had a million toothbrushes from dentists ofice, each year I just pull another bunch out.

And I have a stock of toothbrushes from the mikvah! For my $15 fee, I'll keep the complimentary toothbrush and little soap! Tongue Out

amother

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 11:04 am
withhumor wrote:
Actually, by the dollar store you can get a family pack for 99 cents.

yes and then you have to buy 6 times as much

withhumor

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 11:11 am
Seriously, not hiring cleaning help (on the expense of giving up some other necessities and luxuries) is a personal choice. Deep down there it’s a possibility, for even the most dirt poor of the population. When you have to run to the emergency room and you need a babysitter, you make it happen… people can do things, if they make it a priority.

But weren’t we talking about spending here for pesach…. So far my bill is a shocking number, I’m too scared to type it.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 11:26 am
I try not to be the critical type but I'm just wondering whats the point of this thread do I get a prize if I spent the most money or rather the least amount of money? Everyone should spend according to what they can afford.
Withhumor I think you are totally wrong! new shoes for pesach is more important then a cleaning lady! there is another option to a cleaning lady you can get off your behind and do it yourself however if your children outgrew thier shoes what are you gonna do cut the front open? as long as you can have your cleaning help I consider that a little selfish.

withhumor

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 12:52 pm
each to its own...like I wrote gazillion times. I'm not setting the pace, I'm only writing about myself, under my own screen name, mind you.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics