Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
No sound on my computer!

amother

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 3:13 pm
I can't figure out why but for the past few days (about a week or so) I can't hear any sound from my computer at work. How can I fix this?

amother

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 3:16 pm
did you check your ears?lol

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 3:27 pm
Are you running off of a server? Are your speakers attached to the computer or built in? Did you check the volume on the speakers and/or the computer? Made sure it's not on mute? What OS is it? If attached speakers, are they plugged in and on?

withhumor

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 3:38 pm
Are you having trouble only with videos and music, or all sound on the computer?

amother

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 3:40 pm
I have no external speakers, only those built into the computer itself. I did check that my computer is not on mute and the volume is actually quite high. I am connected to a server. Does that make a difference?
What is an OS?

withhumor

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 3:44 pm
It can be that your server has an interference with the sound card, it can be a million things. Does the computer still make a sound when you open and close it?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 3:56 pm
Ah, it probably has to do with the server -- probably some setting was changed, or as withhumor mentioned, an issue with the sound card. If so, there is nothing you can do (except complain to the system administrator Wink )

An OS is an operating system, like Windows, Mac, Linux. I run off of a Linux server with a Linux machine, and I can't get sound that runs off the server (e.g. files from the internet). I can get system, computer-originated sounds like beeps and personal ICQ messages, but only if I type in the command esd -tcp -public each time I reboot to initiate sound on my machine.

su7kids

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 7:54 pm
My father had a similar problem, and he's in Australia and I'm in the USA. And I laughingly suggested he make sure its plugged in and he said of course it is!

So he paid for his tech guy to come by and guess what????? His daughter was RIGHT!!!

The wires for the speakers are behind the tower of the computer, so either someone moved the computer, or he kicked it, but it was really simple!!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 12:56 pm
su7kids wrote:
My father had a similar problem, and he's in Australia and I'm in the USA. And I laughingly suggested he make sure its plugged in and he said of course it is!

So he paid for his tech guy to come by and guess what????? His daughter was RIGHT!!!

The wires for the speakers are behind the tower of the computer, so either someone moved the computer, or he kicked it, but it was really simple!!

OP answered my question, and her speakers are built in, so that's not the issue here Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics