Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Chochom Teeth

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 8:33 am
so my talmid chochom is home from yeshiva and needs his widsom teeth pulled ... he told me to make appt and it is today ... yesterday he told me he is not going unless they take out all 4 and I said they can only take out 2 in office - he knew this was a possibility ... he wants to wait and do it while at yeshiva ... but this will cost $$$ (his father's prob) and my insurance is free ... and if one side of mouth won't have a prob eating matza ... I couldn't cancel appt - thought it was rude to the dentist and of my son ... I'm so frustrated it wastes my time trying to get things done for them and then ... oh they think it's simple not to go ... anyway ... I told him to go ask a rav LOL since my answers and logic are not good enough ... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Ima'la

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 8:41 am
greenfire wrote:
... I told him to go ask a rav LOL since my answers and logic are not good enough ... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

smart!

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 9:07 am
Why can the dentist only remove 2? My children were encouraged to do it all at the same time. One was told(by a Rav) to make her matza wet because it was before Pesach but she didn't want gebrocts and ended up chewing dry matza which did not feel too good.

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 9:14 am
he can remove all 4 but dr only want to do it at hosp and my son only want it in office and in office dr will only do 2 ... go figure 2 stubborn males ...

withhumor

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 9:37 am
He should do it TODAY, in 24 hours, he’ll be eating. He’s young! I had it done by 23 and I was eating the next day. All 4 at once. It takes about 5 minutes.

downsyndrome

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 9:47 am
withhumor wrote:
He should do it TODAY, in 24 hours, he’ll be eating. He’s young! I had it done by 23 and I was eating the next day. All 4 at once. It takes about 5 minutes.

with, are you outta' your mind? I had mine done when I was in my early 20's, two at a time - I was sick as a dog!

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 9:55 am
downsyndrome wrote:
withhumor wrote:

with, are you outta' your mind? I had mine done when I was in my early 20's, two at a time - I was sick as a dog!

yeah - I had one at a time ... as they got infected cause of impact ... and I needed heavy painkillers ... and sipped yogurt and mushed bananas ...

and the DR WON"T DO 4 - only 2 - too late to book 4 in hosp ... that is what issue is ... but we already have appt and he doesn't want to go .... anyway insur is covering now ... not nec later ...

withhumor

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 9:55 am
I guess we each react differently when we lose our chochmo!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 9:58 am
Why does he need them out? I didn't have any of my kids' wisdom teeth removed; DH either.

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 10:00 am
oh well he got braces and one of them is hurting & pushing on all that work & $$$$ sooooooooo.... that is the suggestions of not 1 but 2 oral surgeons ...

downsyndrome

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 10:03 am
chocolate moose wrote:
Why does he need them out? I didn't have any of my kids' wisdom teeth removed; DH either.

I guess you are all bigmouths! Some mouths just don't have the room to accommodate those teeth and they make trouble; they become impacted! I had all four pulled. One was totally infected, the other one was growing in towards my ear, the other one needed to be pulled out from underneath the tooth next to it, and the other one needed to be cut in four and pulled out in 4 sections! Those darn troublemakers!!
Nebach, my father a'h used to tell us how he grew his wisdom teeth in Auschwitz and the excrutiating pain he had!! Oy gevald!!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 2:42 pm
I didn't get braces for my kids, either.

iamawife

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 2:54 pm
cm: did they all have perfect teeth?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 2:55 pm
Perfect? No one has perfect teeth.

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 5:56 pm
anyway - we are back from the oral surgeon and the joke is on all of us ... my son's blood pressure went down and he looked as pale as a you don't want to know ... so the dr gave him oxygen and said go home kid ... wait till the summer ... so much for big strong males...

withhumor

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 6:49 pm
duh!

Ruchel

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 6:56 pm
I got braces as a teen so I can keep mine as far as I know. They arent out yet, although the first one seems to be starting... maybe I'll grow my last teeth when my daughter will grow her first?? LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children