Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Anyone know the one hour danish recipe - fam first #370?

momstaxi

Post Sat, Jan 11 2014, 5:06 pm
If you could help, I would appreciate it. I lent the magazine to someone and forgot to copy it.
I just need the dough portion.
Thanks!

rena18

Post Tue, Jan 14 2014, 3:18 pm
ONE HOUR DANISH

5-5 1/2 cups flour (works well with whole wheat (70%) pastry flour)
4 1/2 tsp ( 2 pkgs) dry yeast
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup soy milk
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup oil
1 egg
1/2 Tbsp dough enhancer(optional)
2 Tbsp oil or 3 Tbsp meted margarine for drizzling

CINNAMON FILLING
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

CHOCOLATE FILLING
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp cocoa
2 tsp vanilla sugar

In a large mixer bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix well. Heat soy milk, water and 1/3 c oil together in a small saucepan, or in microwave, until warm. Add to flour mixture. Add egg. Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 min at med speed. Gradually mix in remaining flour and dough enhancer, if desired. Knead dough until smooth and elastic, 3-5 min.

Let rise in mixer, covered for 15 min. Alternately let rise in warm oven (turn oven to lowest setting for 1 min, then turn off) for 15 minutes, or on top of an electric urn.

Preheat oven to 400F (200C) Divide dough in half. Roll out to a lg rectangle. Combine ingredients for cinnamon filling in a small bowl and spread over dough. Roll up jelly roll style, tucking ends in. Slice and arrange on a greased cookie sheet. Coven with 2 coverings (for example a plastic bag and a towel) or place in a warm oven for 10 minutes.

Combine ingredients for choc filling and repeat process with remaining dough. Lightly drizzle oil or margarine over danishes.

Bake 12-15 minutes.

momstaxi

Post Tue, Jan 14 2014, 10:34 pm
Thank you SO much! I agreed to send a batch to someone, but was stuck without the recipe!

My kids preferred this dough to my standard recipe, it was very fluffy.

wereafamily

Post Wed, Jan 15 2014, 1:48 pm
Want to try this!

sm1

Post Wed, Jan 15 2014, 4:02 pm
What's dough enhancer?
And where can you find it?

wereafamily

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 8:52 am
What can I use as a substitute for soy milk (not milk)?

momstaxi

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 1:25 pm
I have never used dough enhancer, I just omit it. To replace soy milk in other recipes, I have used rice milk, pareve creamer or even water or juice. Good luck!

wereafamily

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 5:30 pm
momstaxi wrote:
I have never used dough enhancer, I just omit it. To replace soy milk in other recipes, I have used rice milk, pareve creamer or even water or juice. Good luck!

Thanks!! I ended up using coffee creamer and the dough came out great but the filling wasn't very sweet, I think I will need to double the filling next time.

I love how fast it takes!

momstaxi

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 7:59 pm
My family favors the dough, but prefers the filling from a different recipe.

myname1

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 2:20 am
What makes this a danish as opposed to a sliced babka or something? Isn't it the same method and recipe? Also, can anyone post a better filling recipe if this wasn't so great? Thanks!

nosher

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 6:09 am
Same here. I changed the filling. Try smearing dough with thin layer of oil or apricot jam. Make a mixture of one cup cocoa to one cup sugar and sprinkle on top. Enjoy

AlwaysThinking

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 8:01 am
Just made these now. So good, wow! The dough is so light and sweet... and so easy to work with! I'm amazed at how quick it was as well.

I did change the filling. I only used the chocolate filling, and basically made a mixture by eye of cocoa, sugar, cinnamon, oil, and choc chips. It formed a lumpy paste and although the coverage wasn't great before baking because of the choc. chips, when everything got heated the coverage was perfect. Apart from the end slices that came out a bit messy, they look amazing too! I've just eaten 3 slices of the 'not as good looking as the others' ones, and wow, I could eat so many more.

mrsg

Post Thu, Jan 30 2014, 9:03 am
Great recipe. I used a cream cheese filling for our Melava Malka----But, I have to warn anyone planning on making these----they are not safe in the same room with dieters or children!!! Very Happy

angelgirl

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 11:13 am
Do these need to be kept in the fridge? Cinnamon filling.
Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics