Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
I made cheese!!!

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 6:16 pm
so I had these 2 containers of milk that someone gave me to make cheese ... so I said why not ... I tried one ... separated pretty good ... wasn't so sure though cause well I never made cheese before ... sqeezed it put salt and left in fridge ... the other milk I put salt let it sit and it never really looked quite good ... I just threw that one out was foul tasting ... but the first one actually tastes yum ... like a mixture of farmer's and mozzerrella cheeses ... my kids thought I was nuts ... gonna make em taste it later ...

ssbarnes

Post Mon, Apr 02 2007, 6:51 am
That sounds awesome. How did you do it? I would love to try that w/ my children.

brooklyn

Post Mon, Apr 02 2007, 6:55 am
cool.

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 02 2007, 7:00 am
okay only my son dared to taste ... he said it was ok

Ima'la

Post Mon, Apr 02 2007, 9:08 am
greenie - are you stalking me? I always make cream cheese for Pesach. They don't have regular cream cheese in E"Y (well, you can find it sometimes, but it expensive...don't know if you can get it KLP) and what's Pesach w/o matza and cream cheese (sorry all you non-brokkers who can't have!) so I make my own - for all you Israelis, here's the recipe: equal # of containers of sour cream and leben, 1/2 tsp. salt per container...mix it up and hang it over your milchig sink in a cheesecloth (or stocking or cloth diaper) overnight. Yum. I add chopped scallions to the mixture - heavenly!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals