Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Fast and easy way to toilet train
Previous  1  2  3

How long did it take you to toilet train your toddler during the day?
1 week and under  
 41%  [ 7 ]
2 weeks  
 11%  [ 2 ]
3 weeks and up  
 47%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 17

stem

Post Mon, May 30 2005, 10:45 pm
My daughter is very small and petite, when she was trained at age 2, there was no way she could get on the toilet by herself. By the time she climbed on a stool, and arranged her little toilet seat on the toilet, and sat down on it, she could have had an accident. She has been trained for a year and still likes me to help her out occassionaly when she needs to go quickly!

motheroftwo

Post Tue, May 31 2005, 9:25 am
daisy- I don't know about the 3 other kids. THis was my oldest and I only had a baby which my husband took care of. (over the weekend)

stem- that's great. I'm just saying it might be easier on the mother to wait till they are a little older. If the child begs for it before obviously you don't have a choice.

hindyandrafi

Post Tue, May 31 2005, 6:53 pm
Growing up in Europe, I can't get used to hearing that three year olds are still not toilet trained,... this was virtually unheard of when I was a kid!!!

My 23 month old has been asking for a few months already to use the toilet, and he has taken off his own diaper a couple of ties and pished in the potty.... Because I was working and just had a baby I didnt get around to it, but now Im home with him for a while, I ws thinking about giving it a shot, as he is still expressing an interest....

Just wondering what the best way to start is.. Should I just stay home for a few days and let him run around naked??

roza

Post Tue, May 31 2005, 7:25 pm
Quote:
ust wondering what the best way to start is.

the best way to start is:first read the "the easy way to toilet train" thread on imamother.com..
Mr. Green LOL

cr2005

Post Sun, Jun 12 2005, 3:47 am
when training my daughter it took me really longtime she just wasn't interested, and she was over 2and 1/2, I decided it was a good time to start sending her to school, and about a week later she started to go to the toilet on her own, she didn't even want me to help her, and the night time for some odd reason was never a problem B"H

JEWISHMAMA

Post Fri, Jun 17 2005, 6:58 am
MY 2 YEAR OLD GOES TO NURSERY AND SAW ALL THE BIG KIDS GOING TO THE TOILET AND WANTED TO GO HERSELF. SHE´S NOW 2 AND HALF AND WEARS NORMAL UNDERWEAR DURING THE DAY. AT NIGHT SHE STILL WETS. I THINK YOU SHOULD WAIT TILL THEY ARE READY.

Rivka

Post Mon, Jul 04 2005, 7:27 pm
Worst time to toilet train is before a new baby arrives, before moving house and if anything major happens coz that usually has an adverse affect on the child.

Chanie

Post Mon, Jul 11 2005, 4:30 pm
Rivka wrote:
Worst time to toilet train is before a new baby arrives, before moving house and if anything major happens coz that usually has an adverse affect on the child.

Actually I trained my son last week... 4 days after we moved... and he was trained immediately.. He didn't make a single mistake that day. In fact the only time he made a mistake was at daycare were as of yet he refuses to use the toilet, just holds himself in.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training