Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kids friendly hotel near Sesame Street Place

israeli83

Post Fri, Jan 24 2014, 2:17 pm
I'm already planning my summer vacation with the kids. I'm thinking of taking them to Sesame Street Place in Langhorne PA for a few days. I've never stayed in a hotel with my kids and I'm not sure what to expect. I have two toddler boys and my kids will be 3 years old and a year and a half in the summer. I'm looking for a hotel or bed and breakfast that has rooms that are divided like a family room (with one section for living room, and one separate section for the bedroom). I don't know if I can be stuck with them in the same room. Like they go to sleep earlier and I won't know what to do after that because my husband and I wouldn't want to make any noise. So it's best if we have a room that's large enough and that the sleeping area could be separate from the living room.
We'll take our car, but I'm not looking for a hotel or place to stay that's too far from the theme park.

Also, are there any good kosher restaurants/ supermarkets in the area?

thank you.

Simy

Post Fri, Jan 24 2014, 3:00 pm
Hi we went a couple times. there is a Ramada INN I dont recall the city right now. they have packages if u go to sesame place.
its very kid friendly, they have a clown making balloons in the lobby and face painting every morning and a swimming pool. we went always in summer I am not sure how is in winter. There is kosher in some supermarkets in the area but u should bring your own and have a room with fridge and bring an electric burner and a pot, some instant soups, make sandwiches etc. good luck

israeli83

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 9:05 am
Thanks for the reply. I'm planning on going there in the summer as well, not the winter. How far away was that hotel that you stayed in? I looked at the Sesame Place website and saw some packages, but not sure about the rooms. I rather have a family room (like a suite) that has a separate living room...so when the kids sleep earlier, I can just go to the living room with my husband. Also, are there any other activities to do with the kids besides going to sesame place? we're thinking of staying there for a few days.
Any more suggestions?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 9:47 am
Any idea if they have kosher meals available in the park like Disney does? I was also thinking to stop there this summer with the kids and being able to go to a character lunch would be nice.

tryinghard

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 3:59 pm
Just want to warn you - this may or may not matter to you, but half of the park is waterpark. We did not figure this out until we had paid and gone inside the park, and we (read, dh) were not so comfortable with being there. Do whatever is right for you and your family and hashkafa, but I know that I would have appreciated the head's up (if nothing else than to make sure my kids had real swim stuff with them)

amother
IndianRed

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 6:44 am
Bumping this up
Is it enough to stay one day there? Any minyan or kosher food nearby? And any recommendations for hotels?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 8:41 am
They're not far from Philadelphia.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 7:26 am
I understand it's a water park, but are women walking around in bikinis etc? Or just typical summer clothes?

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 8:22 am
amother [ Lightgreen ] wrote:
I understand it's a water park, but are women walking around in bikinis etc? Or just typical summer clothes?

Bikinis. I’ve seen thongs.

Lh291

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 10:36 am
amother [ IndianRed ] wrote:
Bumping this up
Is it enough to stay one day there? Any minyan or kosher food nearby? And any recommendations for hotels?

Closest minyans are the Chabad of Bucks County Yardley shul
https://www.jewishyardley.com/.....e.htm

and Bensalem kollel
https://www.bensalemoutreach.org/

Lh291

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 10:39 am
amother [ Lightgreen ] wrote:

There will definitely be women wearing bikinis on the rides and in the pools. They might put on coverups for the dry areas.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 11:41 pm
Lh291 wrote:
There will definitely be women wearing bikinis on the rides and in the pools. They might put on coverups for the dry areas.

Thanks, we decided it's not for us.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Mon, Dec 26 2022, 4:01 pm
Is sesame worth it in the winter? Seems all the shows are xmas themed so not sure there's anything left?

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Dec 26 2022, 4:13 pm
amother Bottlebrush wrote:
Is sesame worth it in the winter? Seems all the shows are xmas themed so not sure there's anything left?

No. Who wants to ride on rides in the cold anyway?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics