Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
Flying with small dogs
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 11:34 pm
I'll be honest, no, it was definitely not permitted to take out the dog, in fact, the flight attendant said something to that effect when she first saw, and after that we kind of all conspired to hide the dog under sweaters, etc. when any flight attendants passed by.... wrong, I know, but in the scope of terrible/dangerous things that people have done on airplanes, pretty minor I'd say....

amother

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 11:43 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

I'll make sure to make arrangements so that I'm not seated with anyone who is allergic or phobic - or otherwise offended.

How?

sequoia

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 11:53 pm
All of you offended people make it sound like FF shouldn't take her dogs with her to please you. She's moving permanently, for heaven's sake -- this isn't a holiday! You can't SHIP them, regardless of what Mr. Popper's Penguin may have told us. There is no choice but to bring them along on the plane.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 11:53 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

I'll make sure to make arrangements so that I'm not seated with anyone who is allergic or phobic - or otherwise offended.

How?

I'll be on a charter flight. I'm sure I can put the request in early, and they will help make arrangements.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 04 2014, 12:16 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Aliyah, Nefesh b' Nefesh flight. They make allowances for dogs. There's a TON of paperwork to fill out, and very expensive international clearance fees. I just couldn't imagine leaving them behind, and DD would be heartbroken.

Alas, Miss Daisy Pug is no longer among the living. We now have two tiny rescue chihuahuas. Their combined weight is around 13 pounds. They are very sweet little things.

A quiet parrot? How on earth did you manage that? LOL

Oh, I'm sorry. I hope I didn't male you feel bad mentioning her.

Chis should fit easily in a small carrier beneath the seat in front of you. One with each adult. Plus, if your husband is with you then you should be able to get a whole row to yourselves and that makes it easier.

Maybe change the title to "aliyah with pets"? That might attract more people who've done it.

As for the parrot, it was sheer luck! She let out a few peeps during takeoff and landing, but like her owner I suspect she just got bored and found something quiet to do. I think she napped. I got totally lucky. Plus, she's a small quiet birds anyway. Totally luck!

What lucky dogs you have that get to make aliyah!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets