Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Teachers currently teaching in schools!

Tefila

Post Wed, May 25 2005, 3:40 pm
Teachers in a school setting tell us your expertise this way we will know who to ask what. Go on be a sport Tongue Out

miriam

Post Wed, May 25 2005, 8:50 pm
Freilich, you had a lot of free time today. Are you taking a Lagb'omer vacation???

Tefila

Post Thu, May 26 2005, 6:29 am
Uh miriam yep one can call it that, u mean pre right? Very Happy

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Jun 28 2005, 7:42 pm
I teach in preschool but I also am licensed in special ed.
but if you have lots of questions, I wouldn't say I'm quite experienced...

timeout

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 11:59 am
If my son has been receiving Special Ed till now and will be entering a regular Yeshivah without Special Ed what do u think I can do to get him ready (kindergarten) and should I tell the new teacher or not.

He's not learning disabled in fact he's ahead.

RedVines

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 12:14 pm
I must have missed this post in May.

I have taught in preschool, 2-3 yr. olds.

I am currently taching 1st grade. (judaics)
I have taught creative art classes in my home as well.

I can help with ideas for at home or other teachers.

You could say I am addicted to Chinuch!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 6:01 pm
I did 2-3 year olds too - for a year and a half. but I switched to kindergarten.

May I asked why your son got special ed? You probably don't need to mention it to the teacher if he's doing fine. It could be the school will mention it, though, but don't worry about it.
As long as he plays with other kids nicely and can sit for a 10 minute circle time, I don't think you need to prepare him.

Tefila

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 6:47 pm
mommyoftwo I will be teaching 3-4yrold my daughter incl. Should she be calling me morah or leave it alone? Also I will ia"h having an assistant should I let her deal w/h problems if any come up w/h her as opposed to me mummy dealing w/h it?

RedVines

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 7:51 pm
Are you teaching her with any other children? She might end up calling you morah anyway, I wouldnt push it, but she needs to understand that it is school etc.
I am also teaching my 3 yr. old at home this coming year, we could work on curriculum together?! let me know.
I think you and the asst. should definitly be work together with the disiplining etc.

Tefila

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 9:30 pm
Ok so it's a class in a school of 10 kids incl boys. But my only fear right now is being too strict w/h her. (My other kids told me that a parent that taught in their class one of their friends, always picked on their son) Confused

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 11:05 am
it's must be really hard to have your own kid your class. my s-I-l had her daughter this year (in kindergarden). my mother taught in my elem. school- she would switch grades when we got to hers. ie- she was teaching 6th, when my sis got to 6th grade, my mother switched to 4th, when I got to 4th, she switched to 3rd. (just two girls in my fam. so it wasn't too bad for my mom). there were 3 classes in our grades so my mom could've taught another class, but she didn't want to teach our friends, either.
I remember that a girl in my class's mom taught 7th or 8th grade and people didn't really like her. we didn't hold anything against the girl. but I do remember on the first day of school, one of my friends said "oh no, I have Mrs. X for subject Y" and the daughter was standing right behind her!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics