Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
ISO healthy cookbooks

mha3484

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 2:20 pm
I often buy cookbooks as shower gifts for kallahs. The kallah I am buying for really appreciates healthy cooking and eating. Does anyone have a suggestion for what to buy?

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 2:46 pm
As someone who loves healthy eating, I can tell you that I haven't yet found a good kosher cookbook with all EASY and HEALTHY recipes.
Most cookbooks do have plenty of healthy options, and you can change recipes around to make them healthier.
But if you really want to go all out, why don't you make her a cookbook? A friend did that for me before I got married, and I was so touched, it meant so much to me!
You can search for healthy recipes of your own, or from other cookbooks, and put them together. It's a lot of work, but I would definitely appreciate that!

(Btw- I don't mean to sound condescending at all, I am sorry if it sounds that way, but keep in mind when you are looking for a good cookbook for this girl that vegetable recipes and salad etc. are not automatically healthy- if anything (vegetable, meat, chicken, fish etc.) has too much sugar (including ketchup, duck sauce, jams etc) or fat (oil, mayo), then it is no longer healthy... The reason why I am telling this to you is because I have friends that call me up or email me "healthy" recipes that are anything but healthy!)

mha3484

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 3:07 pm
I just read a review of the whole foods kosher cookbook. It looks like what I want.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics