Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Yeshiva for "challenging" boys in the US?

amother

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 1:53 pm
Hi,
I am posting this for a friend whose 10th grade son was kicked out of his Yeshiva for continually misbehaving.
The family does not know of a Yeshiva that caters to boys that are more problematic ( I think he is also ADD).
Can anyone help them out? I think they are willing to send him anywhere in the US or Canada.
They need to find somewhere for him ASAP, so any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

amother, to protect the idendity of the bochur.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 2:16 pm
chanoch lenaar, if they still take that kind of boy.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 2:19 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
chanoch lenaar, if they still take that kind of boy.

Could you tell me where that is, or any contact info?

THanks

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Apr 17 2007, 6:31 pm
Priority 1?

Does the child ahve any drug problems?
Because in the case of a yeshiva for challenging boys, many deal with kids with frumkeit issues, as well - so just be aware.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 17 2007, 8:58 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
Priority 1?

Does the child ahve any drug problems?
Because in the case of a yeshiva for challenging boys, many deal with kids with frumkeit issues, as well - so just be aware.

Is "Priority 1" the name of a Yeshivah? I don't think I understand that part of your post!

No, the child does not have drug problems or frumkeit issues. He is just rambunctious, immature and gets into mischief. He is more childish than anything else.

There MUST be a Yeshivah out there for him...

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 6:59 am
They have a website.

http://yeshiva.org/

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 1:50 pm
Yes, Priority 1 is a yeshiva, but I think it's more "modern."
What about a PTACH program within a yeshiva?

creativemom

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 1:55 pm
Chanoch Lenaar for many boys has been great. I dont see why they wouldnt take a boy with ADHD. They have taken all kinds of boys with so many diff back-grounds. There is also (I'm going to spell this wrong...) Wilksbary PA. They do a lot of great recreational fun with the boys there as well, but I think the boys there are a bit more challanging than chanoch lenaar so I would try chanoch lenaar first. Good Luck!
By the way, where does the boy live bec. he would be elligable for TSS in some states and they go into the class room with the child.

bigmomma

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 2:18 pm
Lubavitch has two vocational high schools which are excellent: part time learning, part time vocational training in vocational school with possible apprenticeships etc. in California there is JETS web site is www.jetsschool.org and in Ottawa, Canada there is Yeshiva Ateres Menachem, their website is www.ateresmenachem.com (I think or .org) These are AMAZING in what they do for these boys.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics