Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What's a fair tution increase?

amother

Post Tue, Apr 17 2007, 10:42 pm
My kids go to a private school outside of the tri-state area. We are currently paying around 15,000 per year for our twin preschoolers. The school is raising tution to 19000 for kindergarten for next year. That makes it for around a TWENTY PERCENT INCREASE FOR NEXT YEAR. What is the average amount a school raises their rates per year?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Apr 17 2007, 10:47 pm
I heard that a certain girls' school has sent out increases to the parents this year....
I don't know the answer to your question, but I feel for you! That's a LOT of money for 2 kids in preschool! If you feel you can't afford it, speak to them!
Hatzlocha!
(oh boy, what will I do when my kids are in school??)

downsyndrome

Post Tue, Apr 17 2007, 10:51 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:

(oh boy, what will I do when my kids are in school??)

You will be paying through your nose, like the rest of us do. shock

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 4:06 pm
hard to say.

but my salary doesn't go up every year.

workingallthetime

Post Mon, Apr 23 2007, 12:15 am
my kids school is about $5,000 more for kindergarten than preschool, so that doesnt sound like a huge increase. they typically raise between 5% and 10% a year lately which seems like a lot with multiple kids in school, but the years when one of the kids moved up from the pre-school to kindergarten were always the biggest jump in tuition.....after a while ive become numb to it and just thank G-d that somehow we are still paying it, even when I thought we couldnt and our tuition was less than a third of what it is now.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 23 2007, 1:03 am
In Brooklyn tuition is $8500 for my 1st grader ds (7500 last year) he did not go to pre-K there but I know it is much much cheeper, shorter day though. For my Pre1A (K) dd its $6500, will be 7K next year , she also did not attend there Pre-K but I know it is much cheeper, like few thousand less. So there is a big jump in tuition from Pre-K to Pre1A (K), how ever after that hopefully it increases much more slower,unless they will build a new building or something. Anyway, I can't complain, I like both schools a lot. Also this year we asked for a break since I am staying home with the baby, and we are down to one salary, and we got 800 off ds and 1K off dd, so that helped, but next year B'H will be back to work and we will pay full price again. Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics