Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Bride and groom dancing (NOT the mitzva tantz)
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

ektsm

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 6:56 pm
Do you think it's ok for a bride and groom to dance together at their chasanah? Are there any halachik implications for them doing this?

flippinout

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 6:58 pm
If they dance in the women then its okay, because she is not on full view to the guys...... Having said that, im no posek!!

Crayon210

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 7:02 pm
It is considered inappropriate by many for even a married couple to engage in physical contact in public.

shopaholic

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 7:42 pm
I think it's inappropriate. At a classmate's wedding, they brought the Chosson in to our side & lifted the kallah & chosson up on chairs & they held hands. I had only been married a couple of months, but older women were embarrassed by it too. It's just not done in our circles. I can't speak for others.

ektsm

Post Sun, Apr 23 2006, 8:49 pm
I went to numerous friends weddings where this was done and I thought it was strange. Does this only exist outside of the chassidish world?

shayna82

Post Mon, Apr 24 2006, 12:17 pm
its not done in my immediate circles, but I have friends who dont follow the same things I do, and they did it at their weddings. yes its different, but I think if done in the right manner, its really beautiful.

brooklyn

Post Mon, Apr 24 2006, 12:27 pm
I danced with my hubby at my wedding, had a dance with my father too.

Mamushka

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 11:07 am
In some circles it's done. In other's it's not done. It all depends where you come from. TZnius has alot to do with what's acceptable in a comunity. If you feel uncomfortable it's because you are not used to it and not neccesarily because it's Assur.

ektsm

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 11:10 am
So is it a minhag hamakom kind of thing?

Motek

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 11:11 am
I attended a wedding in which the kalla's father came over to the women's side to dance with his daughter. So what happens? Lots of men come to watch and this makes it quite inappropriate. If no men came over to watch? Maybe. But that's not what happens.

Meema2Kids

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 11:31 am
I was also by a wedding where the kallah's father danced with her on the women's side, but I don't particularly remember the men watching (maybe I didn't notice). But the groom did not dance with the kallah.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 11:57 am
I danced with my brother and DH was SO upset!!!!!!

Said mixed dancing brought "the opposite of bracha" down.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 10:09 am
Lately I have seen the father of the bride, the zeyde, etc.....what do you all think of this? Sometimes the mother and the sisters all join in too!

Crayon210

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 10:10 am
In Chabad? Totally inappropriate. shock

brooklyn

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 10:14 am
I danced with my father, I don't see anything wrong with it I would do it again actually I still do dance with my father. By my daughter's bat mitzvah dd danced with dh and dgf, don't find it inappropriate, sorry crayon, nice to see you back though.

shopaholic

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 10:15 am
My father didn't with his daughters & I would've felt weird, had he done so. I've never seen it.

Crayon210

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 10:16 am
I believe R' Marlowe obm of the CH Beis Din wrote a letter that in Chabad we do not do a mitzvah tantz or any form of mixed dancing, so in Chabad, it would be an inappropriate thing to do.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 10:26 am
I have seen it at at least the last 3 weddings I've been to. In C.H. Chabad ppl too.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 11:06 am
chocolate moose wrote:
Lately I have seen the father of the bride, the zeyde, etc.....what do you all think of this? Sometimes the mother and the sisters all join in too!

We had this. I didn't even think it could be a problem.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 11:16 am
When my sister got married in the mid 80s she danced with my father at the end of the wedding. A lot of people told my mother that they have never seen that before at a chabad wedding. Since then it seems like a lot of people do this, I wonder if we started a fad Wink . I danced with my father at my wedding. It was wonderful, I was waiting for that ever since I was a little girl.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics