Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Bride and groom dancing (NOT the mitzva tantz)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 20 2007, 8:49 am
LOL - I'm sure you are!!!

Ruchel

Post Fri, Apr 20 2007, 9:29 am
embarrassed
lol

chen

Post Fri, Apr 20 2007, 11:34 am
Ruchel wrote:
lol no, b'h I'm not s-xy enough to need one!! LOL 8)

There is no one so _______ (fill in the blank) that some male will not find her alluring. You may say "I don't need to wear long skirts b/c my legs are too fat/thin/bumpy/veiny" or "I don't need to wear long sleeves because my elbows are red, rough and saggy" or "I can wear tight blouses b/c I'm flat-chested, anyway" but it ain't so.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 7:44 am
the chabad rav in my parents community dances with his daughters at their weddings. they go on the side of the hall where the mechitza ends and he is on the men's side and the kalla is on the women's, and they dance together. I think it's beautiful.

jewgal84

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 7:56 am
I danced with my father the night b4 the wedding in our house Very Happy !!

I agree with crayon, those girls dancing with their fathers the night of the wedding don't necessarily have a stronger connection than those that don't Banging head !!

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 10:47 am
I wish I had a father daughter dance with my dad, but he hasn't at my wedding. If he had been, I would have been so pleased that I would have insisted on a dance (no matter what grand-MIL said)

On the other hand I did get my father-daughter dance at my sisters wedding. oh well.

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 10:51 am
amother wrote:
the chabad rav in my parents community dances with his daughters at their weddings. they go on the side of the hall where the mechitza ends and he is on the men's side and the kalla is on the women's, and they dance together. I think it's beautiful.

I think it is beautiful too!!! now that made me cry Mr. Green

amother

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 7:18 pm
My cousins are marrying off their daughter. They live in Flatbush, so does the chasan and his family. Black hat, working types.

When the parents got together to talk, the kalla's parents told the chasan's parents that the kalla's father and brothers will not be going over to dance with the kalla.

The chasan's parents were, like, why not?

The kalla's mother (smart, rather than arguing a hashkafa point or saying her mother-in-law would have a fit) said, "It's not our derech."

amother

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 7:22 pm
I once saw a chosson wink at his kallah. I was appalled. Do we all really need to see such public displays? I'm glad that my husband never so much as looks in my direction. Who needs it? What good can possibly come from such behavior?

greenfire

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 7:23 pm
I think it's up to the chosson and kallah ... I would do it ... but I can't dance ...

Motek

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 7:24 pm
I need my husband to look at me.

Sorry, can't explain why.

It's one of those things that either you get it or you don't and it can't be explained ...

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 7:48 pm
amother wrote:
I'm glad that my husband never so much as looks in my direction.

Huh? Confused

OP: I've seen it all. Bride and groom slow dancing too. Don't think too deeply into it. Everybody has their customs. I think like others have written, that what's expected and accepted in the community that is okay (usually) in that community.

ChutzPAh

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 8:05 pm
Lady Godiva, I'm not sure if you noticed it, but it looks like your chest is coming out of your dress in your avatar. shock

Clarissa

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 8:20 pm
amother wrote:
I'm glad that my husband never so much as looks in my direction.
Who's he looking at?

Crayon210

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 8:25 pm
Probably Paul Newman!

greenfire

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 8:44 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
Probably Paul Newman!

did you get jealous of paul ... Wink

Clarissa

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 8:48 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
Probably Paul Newman!
As if anyone (man, woman, child, dog, ferret, etc.) could tear themselves away from staring at that man. But I'm still wondering what amother's husband looks at when he's busy not looking at her.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 11:42 pm
amother wrote:
I once saw a chosson wink at his kallah. I was appalled. Do we all really need to see such public displays? I'm glad that my husband never so much as looks in my direction. Who needs it? What good can possibly come from such behavior?

I'm also not for public displays, but do you mean in private at home your husband doesn't look at you?? You gotta be joking.

Marion

Post Fri, Aug 22 2008, 12:34 am
Wait...now LOOKING at each other is considered a PDA (public display of affection)??????

What does the last bracha under the chuppah say ladies? M'sameach chattan EEM hakallah. He who gladdens/rejoices the groom WITH the bride.

There's no reason a bride and groom can't dance together. More important the other men should learn to control their own eyes and not watch, not that we should take away this joy from the bride and groom.

freidasima

Post Fri, Aug 22 2008, 5:30 am
I heard of a chasuneh when after everyone, and I mean everyone went home the only people left were the chossen, kallah, parents on both sides, old aunt and uncle on one side (in their 70 at the time) and the two single siblings in their teens. The couples all waltzed together (each with their spouse) with the younger brother and sister playing the recorder and drumming on the table to make music...
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics